Upgrade from m50's
Apr 21, 2010 at 6:35 AM Post #18 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I second Shane in pretty much everything he said. We seem to have the same opinions.
biggrin.gif

BTW... I've got the DT770's coming in tomorrow.
Can't wait to see how they compare to these two. Maybe somewhere in the middle? Hmmm...
dt880smile.png

I know what I'll be doing for the next several nights.

shane

Apr 21, 2010 at 6:40 AM Post #19 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by shane55 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW... I've got the DT770's coming in tomorrow.
Can't wait to see how they compare to these two. Maybe somewhere in the middle? Hmmm...
dt880smile.png

I know what I'll be doing for the next several nights.

shane

If it's the Pro 80's, they are too much like the M50s, IMHO.
L3000.gif

Apr 21, 2010 at 7:57 AM Post #20 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Doorbell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How so?

The quality of the bass, mids and highs sound better. You won't get as much bass quanity as the DT770. I found the DT150 to be clearer than the DT770. You can search around for post comparing the DT150 and DT770.

Apr 21, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #21 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it's the Pro 80's, they are too much like the M50s, IMHO.
L3000.gif

So I heard... so I opted for the 250 ohm. Maybe I should have gotten the 600 ohm, but we'll see. They are here, in my sweaty little hands, but still in the box as I'm at work.
frown.gif

Won't have time to listen to them until tomorrow night.
mad.gif

But then... I'll have all weekend.
beyersmile.png

shane

Apr 26, 2010 at 6:18 AM Post #23 of 30
Bump

I'm still looking for suggetions for a new set of hp's to use at home from my computer/laptop/stereo receiver. So far, i'm thinking about getting the denon d5000. I'm still not sure though, I'm looking for the best hp's between $200 and $450. At the moment I don't have a amp but I do plan on getting one in a couple months. I'm looking for a warm sound with lots of clarity overall. I like bass but i'm not necessarily a basshead. Thanks in advance for the help/suggestions.

Apr 26, 2010 at 6:22 AM Post #25 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by toby5678910 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about the sennheiser HD650 - you can get em used for less then 250$

I'm looked into them and have read that they really really need a amp to sound amazing. That with out a amp they will sound muddy.

Apr 26, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #26 of 30
I don't know, I've never been particular fond of my D5000's but my source isn't that great either, a nuForce Icon... Which stereo receiver are you using? Lots of people are happy with stereo receivers as amps, there should be a few threads on the Headamp forum.

Apr 27, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #27 of 30
Ultrasone have great bass and clear detailed sound.

Apr 27, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #28 of 30
I just received the Shure SRH840.
I plugged them into my iPod Classic (all lossless files). Right out of the box they sound great, and are easily powered.
atsmile.gif

They are heavy, though... as has been pointed out in other threads.

When I get home I'll compare them to the M50's, with good amplification and see how they stack up... as well as if they improve significantly with said amps.

shane

BTW... in a previous post I mentioned getting the DT770's. I think there was something wrong with them. Sent 'em back.
frown.gif

Apr 27, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #29 of 30
I am considering a pair of the M50s. I previously had the Denon 5000's but returned them as the bass reminded me of your average American... over-weight and flabby. Can anyone compare the bass of the m50 to the Denons? Is it as extreme, or better balanced?

Apr 27, 2010 at 8:09 PM Post #30 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by NapalmK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll also throw in Denon D2000 for consideration. They excel at bass heavy music but also do well with rock.

I agree. Amazing cans. The bass is fairly heavy but its not, in my opinion, overpowering at all, it is sooo deep and defined. But they are still imo clear and reveal good detail and have a suprisingly large soundstage given they are closed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back