Upgrade from Logitech Z523 speakers
Nov 23, 2014 at 2:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bombadilio

Head-Fier
I have a good gaming multimedia system

4 30" 1600p Monitors
AKG 65 annies....

However my $50 speakers are by far sub par.... They are Logitech Z523 2.1 speakers and I am using a:
Creative Omni 5.1 Surround USB soundcard.

I decided to get new speakers since I cant change the Balance on the left and right speaker with this sound card. Its really weird, since I can edit in windows 7 no problem with the onboard realtek drivers. However, I need the Omni for its mic / headphone outputs.

SO....

You know its black friday, anyone have any suggestions of good 2.1 speakers that wont take up too much real estate, have good bass, directional sounds and would be better than what I have. Of course I want to be able to edit the balance on them as well as a subwoofer that would work well.

Any ideas?

http://imgur.com/a/j4rt4

Nov 24, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #2 of 3
  I have a good gaming multimedia system
4 30" 1600p Monitors
AKG 65 annies....
However my $50 speakers are by far sub par.... They are Logitech Z523 2.1 speakers and I am using a:
Creative Omni 5.1 Surround USB sound card.
I decided to get new speakers since I cant change the Balance on the left and right speaker with this sound card. Its really weird, since I can edit in windows 7 no problem with the on-board Realtek drivers. However, I need the Omni for its mic / headphone outputs.
SO....
You know its black friday, anyone have any suggestions of good 2.1 speakers that wont take up too much real estate, have good bass, directional sounds and would be better than what I have. Of course I want to be able to edit the balance on them as well as a sub-woofer that would work well.
Any ideas?

Budget?

Nov 24, 2014 at 1:59 AM Post #3 of 3
Dont really have a firm one I am willing to pay the $100-$200 range could go more if it was huge, but I dont think I want to go higher than that since I am using a USB style Omni card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back