Upgrade from Koss KSC75
Jun 24, 2007 at 6:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

HeadBanger

New Head-Fier
I'm not sure where to go from the KSC75. First i was looking at headphones then IEM's and I'm just lost. I have 100 dollars max to spend on either a headphone or IEM. I listen mainly to rock music including indie, alternative, screamo, easy, etc. The KSC75's are great but i feel they're lacking a bit with my music. Whats a fair upgrade from these.

I was looking at the SR60 Grados but got mixed reviews and feelings from reading the forum. On the IEM scale i was going to purchase the super fi 3's but theres no mention or support on them from the site so backed out. Now i know headphones and IEM's are both very diffrent but to me portability is important, so im leaning towards purchasing new IEM's but if someone has a good suggestion towards headphones please let me know.

Side note: durability is important to me, i dont want to spend a benjamin on phones that will break in a few months.
smily_headphones1.gif
Thanks ahead of time.

Jun 24, 2007 at 8:03 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadBanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was looking at the SR60 Grados but got mixed reviews and feelings from reading the forum.

Really? I very rarely see a bad word spoken about SR60s for rock at least.
I'm enjoying my SR60s right now
smily_headphones1.gif

I say go with the SR60s or MS1s. Best sub-$100 phones for rock.

Jun 24, 2007 at 9:22 PM Post #4 of 5
You could also recable and Kramer mod your KSC75's if you like the sound and want durability. The signature remains similar but the sound is more refined, like moving up to a higher model.

Worth a shot.

Jun 24, 2007 at 10:08 PM Post #5 of 5
Last year, my upgrade from the KSC75 was the MS1. I wasn't just blown away, it was a complete change of my listening attitudes then. End of basshead days - see all the stuff in my sig that's been sold since then.

It was today when I tried the KSCs again, working purposes -my wife normally uses them meanwhile- and I was sooo underwhelmed, oh boy...get the MS1s...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back