Upgrade from Klipsch S4?
May 28, 2017 at 10:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

livngston

New Head-Fier
I currently use my Klipsch S4 as my primary IEM for casual listening and in the gym. I am wondering if anyone can recommend an upgrade over the Klipsch with a similar sound profile and fit? To be clear, I am not looking for a neutral IEM. I like the bass profile of the Klipsch, but wanted something with similar or better level of bass and increased clarity to listen mostly to classic/hard rock, pop, occasional dance. I also like the comfort of the Klipsch in my ears. I recently got the AKG EO-IG955 for free with my Samsung Galaxy S8+ and I hate their fit. I tried the tips, but it always feels like I am forcing them into my ear. The Klipsch just fit in naturally and stay in even when working out.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Jun 15, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #5 of 6
Trying again for recommendations. I picked up the RBH EP3 and it's going back. I went back and forth with the Klipsch S4 (albeit the Klipsch had years of burn in). To me, the Klipsch sounded cleaner. The bass was more pronounced on the RBH and resonated more, but the vocals lost their clarity. I don't want to lose the force of the bass on the Klipsch, but I don't want to sacrifice the clarity either.

Thoughts?

Jun 15, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #6 of 6
You might check out the RHA MA750 and either the 1More Triple or the 1More Quad Drivers. One of those might fit your sound signature profile. Maybe read about them and see what you think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back