Upgrade from IER-Z1R recommendation? Deep insert/canal type preferred
Nov 7, 2021 at 7:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

caustic386

100+ Head-Fier
Greetings,

Can anyone recommend a worthwhile IEM upgrade from the Sony IER-Z1R? I know around this price point it's not always better just different, but for example the KSE1200 is what I would use if I could get them to maintain a good seal. Yes, I've tried every tip I could find but the bulbous shape of Shure still causes them to slip out especially with a bit of sweat buildup (exercise is my IEM use case).

Ideally the sound of the KSE series with the fit of Etymotic or Sony. I'll probably use SpinTip 100's or triple flange as they're the most reliable in my situation. I'm not opposed to custom but I *really* prefer universal/off the shelf in case I want to upgrade (again) in the future.

If it matters I have a few different power options, not real concerned about lack of power. Will either be BTR5 balanced or E1DA gen3. I *think* the E1DA sounds better but I'm pretty sure it's placebo from having seen the measurements. Or it could just be that I'm a bass addict and the BTr5 is current limited, comparatively

Nov 7, 2021 at 7:35 AM Post #2 of 3
Some how the IER Z1R is very hard to drive, especially from a portable player. Me and my friends too, we thought that we wouldn’t be able to enjoy it too much, until we got the new Ibasso DX300MAX Titanium, it is like a game changer, the Z1R is totally different

Users who are viewing this thread

Back