Upgrade from Head Direct EF1. Millet MiniMax?
Nov 13, 2009 at 5:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

TLY

100+ Head-Fier
I've recently been wanting to upgrade from my EF1. All of a sudden there's a lot of interest in it. I'm guessing because it's been discontinued. I've been thinking of getting a Millet MiniMax. I've heard it can compete with some of the best commercial amps out there. Has anyone heard both the EF1 and MiniMax? I did a search but could not find a comparison.

My final headphones will likely be either the DT 990s or the K-701/2s. I have the DT 990s right now and will likely get the K-701/2s later on so I can do a side by side comparison with the DT 990s and make a final decision on the two. I feel like the DT 990s have the perfect compromise of my two favorite headphones that I've heard, the K-701/2 and the Grado SR325i. They seem to have the soundstage and detail of the K-701/2 and the punch n kick and liveliness of the Grados. I can't 'really' remember what the K-701/2 sound like but I do remember that I had very fond memories of it and was always impressed with almost every CD I listened to when I had it. If I do upgrade it will likely be my final upgrade, and I will leave Head-Fi forever!

maybe...

Being on Head-Fi is like being in an unhealthy relationship that you know is not good for you, but the sex is just so good that you just can't leave.

Nov 13, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #2 of 3
Sounds more like a side-step then an upgrade. Your going to have to put down some $$$ to get somthing signifigantly better. look at amps starting in the 600$+ range. A woo audio 6 with pdps upgrade should be a nice upgrade. Or Audio GD ROC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back