Upgrade from HD 595 to HD 600 - Opinions??
Nov 27, 2007 at 7:14 AM Post #31 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo6Pak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Klarnet Basowy-

Does the DarkVoice 336i fall under the category 'powerful and classy'?

I've never heard the DarkVoice 336i, sorry..

Nov 27, 2007 at 7:47 AM Post #32 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I might as well be frenetical if you want to call it that
eek.gif
Obviously something that can move 20000 times a second is pretty fast, but there are finer points to this...fidelity can go pretty far :wink:

As far as my previously owned monitor speakers, like the Acoustic Energy AE1 MkII, Harbeth's, etc. ...for sure.

Seriously, saying that a high-end headphone is "slow" is quite ridiculous. In comparison, any speaker driver (even that of a mini monitor) would be completely left out of any pretension of fidelity...

And then again, I've never heard anything slow about my high-end Senns, or anything slower than those speakers. You're confusing yourself, I think. A "feelable" bass such as that of the HD650 might give you the superficial impression of being slow when it actually is being blazingly fast!

Nov 27, 2007 at 7:52 AM Post #33 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mulo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As far as my previously owned monitor speakers, like the Acoustic Energy AE1 MkII, Harbeth's, etc. ...for sure.

Seriously, saying that a high-end headphone is "slow" is quite ridiculous. In comparison, any speaker driver (even that of a mini monitor) would be completely left out of any pretension of fidelity...

And then again, I've never heard anything slow about my high-end Senns, or anything slower than those speakers. You're confusing yourself, I think. A "feelable" bass such as that of the HD650 might give you the superficial impression of being slow when it actually is being blazingly fast!

Maybe...but I have reasons to believe otherwise =]

I am talking in terms of transient response - there are cans with which it just lags behind a little bit, and the bass is not the area where it bothers me.

Nov 27, 2007 at 7:58 AM Post #34 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With some music, the 595 seems fast because of its balance I guess but It does have its lag. It is noticeable with electronica

That is understendable; but it's be due to a certain small resonance of the drivers' housings affecting the midbass (if acoustic memory serves me well). It's not that the drivers themselves are "slow", not really... And of course this has nothing to do with the HD650.

I must be lucky to not be an electronica or heavy rock listener, 'cause I would need Stax for that
tongue.gif

Nov 27, 2007 at 8:01 AM Post #35 of 40
Quote:

I am talking in terms of transient response - there are cans with which it just lags behind a little bit, and the bass is not the area where it bothers me.

It's a bit complicated... Attack and decay of notes are just as important; the "energetic" type would put an emphasis into attack, whereas the "romantic" type would put it into decay. You see, we're all subjective...

Nov 27, 2007 at 8:02 AM Post #36 of 40
Quote:

That is understendable; but it's be due to a certain small resonance of the drivers' housings affecting the midbass (if acoustic memory serves me well). It's not that the drivers themselves are "slow", not really... And of course this has nothing to do with the HD650.

I must be lucky to not be an electronica or heavy rock listener, 'cause I would need Stax for that
tongue.gif

Pretty much. This is the only music type I have issues in, admittedly.

Nov 27, 2007 at 8:05 AM Post #37 of 40
Quote:

It's a bit complicated... Attack and decay of notes are just as important; the "energetic" type would put an emphasis into attack, whereas the "romantic" type would put it into decay. You see, we're all subjective...

You should hear a good k340. It does both xD...

Although not my can of choice.

Nov 27, 2007 at 8:08 AM Post #38 of 40
Quote:

You should hear a good k340. It does both xD...

Although not my can of choice.

Could be! But then again, I hear it has its limitations as well, not to mention the difficulties with finding & with driving it. Senns are the right compromise for me it seems. Alternatively I would go with AKG, like the K601 (I have an antipathy with the K701).

Nov 27, 2007 at 8:12 AM Post #39 of 40
Quote:

Could be! But then again, I hear it has its limitations as well, not to mention the difficulties with finding & with driving it. Senns are the right compromise for me it seems. Alternatively I would go with AKG, like the K601 (I have an antipathy with the K701).

Many ways to go. I am just chilling out trying stuff, seeing if I can find something that does it all (guess what ain't happening...prolly will just end up with a pair of custom IEMs). Omega 2 and HE90 are good if you can listen to them, its a good way to get a sense of how fast things can be.

Nov 27, 2007 at 8:30 AM Post #40 of 40
Then other subjects would come into play. On the one hand, a student's budget; on the other, self-regulation would prevent me from spending so much money on a headphone! And I hate IEM stuff (I think it is somewhat unnatural both in form and in sound, thus really good only for portable).

Btw, I hope all this discussion has been helpful to the OP
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back