Upgrade from gr02BE?
Sep 8, 2013 at 9:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Artem

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

a long-time stalker of the forums here 
biggrin.gif

I got the gr02BE after reading quite a few positive reviews on it by ClieOS and others and I have to admit that they are really awesome. Since then, I've tried a few different IEMS such as the Hippo VB, Brainwavz B2, and EXS X20. Somehow at the end of the day, I'll still return to my gr02BE for the listening pleasure. 

Now that I got a better feel of the kind of sound signature that I like,  I'm looking at a possible upgrade from my gr02BE. The problem is that I recall reading somewhere that Iphones in general belongs to a bright source, so a less bright IEM will be a better fit. Will a amp like the ZO 2.3, Jaben box amp solve this and make my EXS X20 better?

Or will I get a better deal simply upgrading my gr02BE? For upgrades, I'm looking at the Vsonic family simply because they are easily accessible for me in Singapore. Other suggestions are also welcome!

Oh, my music is streamed from Spotify so I guess the quality should be fine..

tl;dr? 
Should I get an amp or upgrade my gr02BE for better listening pleasure?

THANKS in advance!

Sep 8, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #2 of 4
I would get the GR07BE. Lendmeuruears, Singapore is selling the GR06/GR07BE as a bundle for a good price. http://mellowworksstudio.com is also a Singaporean company selling very competitively priced IEMs.

Sep 9, 2013 at 1:05 AM Post #3 of 4
Hi Zamorin,

any idea how does the gr07BE stacks up against VSD1? Some reviews said that they are kind of similar to the gr07BE in terms of sound signature. Plus, the rounded housing of the VSD1 seems a tad more comfy than the square housing..

Sep 9, 2013 at 3:12 AM Post #4 of 4
I've neither heard the GR07BE nor the VSD1. (I believe it's also called the GR01). This is how ClieOS rates them:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkVOjqY8dVYWdDl4bzE4SkxpWENPSmdoc3lGMlo1MWc&single=true&gid=0&output=html

GR01 comes in at 5th and GR07 (think the MK1 model) is at 11th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back