Upgrade from Fubar III amp to HeadRoom MicroAmp
Oct 26, 2009 at 3:13 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandrkg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Listening to music should only be about personal tastes, so whatever tickles your pickle or jams your clam is ultimately whatever's right.

Well, see, that's the problem: the place where your "personal tastes" come from is a lazy dog. Your pleasure self would much rather stick to what it already likes than go through the struggle of adjusting to something new. And sadly it must take the time to adjust to something new before it can determine whether it realy takes pleasure in it or not.

Yeah, being human is a messy adventure.

And traveling the hobby of headphone enthusiasm takes time mostly because you have to learn not to hold on to things too tightly, even if you love them. Kill any vestige of Fanboyism, so to speak.

Well, that and the money.

Oct 26, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
..... Kill any vestige of Fanboyism, so to speak.

Well, that and the money.

o2smile.gif
dt880smile.png
biggrin.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
redface.gif
:confused_face_ 2:
ph34r.gif

beerchug.gif

Oct 27, 2009 at 1:56 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

save the meta-condescending replies for others - when I need the "messy adventure" explained I'll ask Wittgenstein, Campbell, Hesse, or Dostoevsky; I'll ask lots of people, just not someone who is acting as though their ego has been challenged.

Dood, I think you're mistaking my comments. Really. Your impressions are fine by me, I was just making general comments mostly stirred up by this comment:

Quote:

Originally Posted by aimlink
I resurrected my old SpitFire DAC and the sound difference was surprisingly different.

So, no worries, your experience with our crossfeed is fine by me.
wave.gif

Oct 27, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dood, I think you're mistaking my comments. Really. Your impressions are fine by me, I was just making general comments mostly stirred up by this comment:
So, no worries, your experience with our crossfeed is fine by me.
wave.gif

My mistake then, I thought you were talking about my comment because your response specifically addressed it.

I respect your beliefs and acknowledge that you know a lot more about headphones than I do. I just felt like I was being attacked for sharing my opinions, even though I dong so in a very respectful way, which is a big part of why we have these forums.

So, sorry for my end of things, it was just genuine miscommunication. *sigh* Looks like my anger issues will put Mom on the back-burner for tonight's therapy
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

I am still open to borrowing an Ultra Desktop Amp, though
atsmile.gif

Oct 27, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

it was just genuine miscommunication. *sigh*

Just like it's amazing how ephemeral our ability to hear objectively is,
such is our ability to communicate on the interweb.

I'm constantly amazed at how easy it is to not really "get" each other in this medium.

Anywhooo ... sorry, no, I can't loan you a desktop.
triportsad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back