Upgrade from Fischer Audio FA-011
Jun 3, 2016 at 7:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Vonx

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, 
I have had the fischer audio fa011's for about 4-5 years or so and have loved them so much that i haven't really looked at any new headphones since then but lately I have been curious to see if something is a significant upgrade in every way, for under $500 new or used

The fischer audio fa-011's in particular could be described as lush and forward mids, strong tight punchy mid-bass with capable sub-bass, relatively detailed and forward highs, and a decently wide soundstage (open-back)

I really love them, but was wondering if anything could be just like them except... even better, but still have a sound signature that is nearly the same as the fa011's. 

From what I've read, the audeze lcd-2/3/x's would be a direct upgrade in nearly every way, but i just dont have the means to be able to afford or power those

I've looked at the audio technica ad2000x's which apparently have forward mids and excellent highs with great soundstage, but lacks bass

Does anyone know of a headphone that has a similar sound to the fischers but costs $500 or less, new or used?

If there is no such thing, then does anyone know of an amp that pairs well with the fischer audio fa-011's that enhances the sound and is worth the buy?

Any and all help is appreciated, thanks so much!

Jun 6, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #3 of 3
The mids and bass on the Fidelio X2's sound recessed in comparison to the FA-011. A step in the wrong direction for me. The only things i notice to be improved on the X2's is the soundstage size (a little bit wider but still a small upgrade) and the clarity on some instruments seems a little cleaner, although much less pleasant sounding. 

Does anyone know what the fa-011 sounds like and can recommend an upgrade?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back