Upgrade from Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80
Jun 28, 2014 at 2:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

skrat

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone!

I am currently using a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro's with a Fiio E11 amp and it's been working just fine, but it's time for an upgrade.

I'm looking for something with a similar sound and am open to IEMs, on-ears, or over-ear open backs for anywhere up to $400 - $500. I'm also open to buying a better amp or a DAC if needed. (Note: I listen to EDM mainly)

I would prefer IEMs so I could bring them with me to work, but if the sound produced by IEMs are just too different from full sized headphones, then I'd rather have a full sized headphone. I've never looked into IEMs or on-ears but for over-ear open backs I was thinking of one of the Sennheiser HDs. The only IEMs I've tried are a pair of Westone UM3x and didn't like them too much. The sound was a bit too neutral for me. I would prefer more prominent mids and highs.

Any recommendations would be great!

Jun 28, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #2 of 3
Mainly an electronic music listener here. I'm a big techno/house head. I don't have much experience with IEMs so I can't be of much help there. I don't own the DT770 but I have spent considerable time with them. Is there anything you are looking to get out of another pair of headphones that the DT770 isn't doing for you?

One thing to note, from my experience bass presentation tends to be different going from a closed to an open can.

- Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back