Upgrade from Aurvana Live - 400$ budget - Advice needed
Jul 11, 2017 at 5:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Alzi

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I love my Aurvana Live headphones but I want to take the next step. I tried the K712 Pro but to my ears they sound a bit harsh in the treble to the point that I cannot enjoy them.
I tried them with Dragonfly Red, Denon AVR, SD-793II.
I think i like a warm smooth sound? My vocabulary for audio is rather limited.

So now I'm looking at X2, HD650, DT880. But im happy to receive other suggestions

I seem to be very treble sensitive, I love something similar like Aurvana/Denon1001 but just better overall. Bit more detail bit more soundstage, but same smooth warm signature. I do game with my headphone and watch video so it needs to be a bit of an allrounder like the Aurvana. Also I listen to a wide list of genres including dubstep, classical and things like dido, coldplay etc. No Jazz, blues, hip hop though.

I don't like heavy headphones so the weight of around 200-270 gramm is ideal.

Any advice would be great.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #2 of 2
Sup.
I would recommend the AT AD900X. I proudly own a pair. They are neutral and have wonderful detail. Personally, i find them being the most comfy headphone ever and I love the signature. I recommend you try 'em out at your closest audio store.

The price of these varies on where you live, i paid 450 USD for them over in Czech republic. But if you don't mind buying stuff off Amazon, you can get them insanely under-priced. (150 USD, it's like black magic, the official retail price is 300 USD). And they have just about 40 ohms, so you only need a DAC/APM if you want them to do their best.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back