Upgrade from Aune T1?
Jun 14, 2016 at 4:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

abbazaba

New Head-Fier
I've been using an Aune T1 with an Aperex 7308 orange gold pin for over two years, primarily with Dunu DN-1000 earphones hooked up to the Windows computer in my office.  Because I'm at work, the Aune is powered on for countless hours... pretty much 9 hours per day.  This was never an ideal situation for a tube, but I arrived at this setup after many hours of comparing various Fiio DACs, tubes, and earphones and loved every minute of it.

Recently, the tube has started to go.  Rather than drop money into a replacement tube, I'd like to entertain the idea of a new DAC/amp that doesn't require a tube.  I've been out of the game so long I'm lost as to where to go next.  I don't really need an upgrade in SQ, but I'd like to find something that sounds as good or better than my current setup did.   The Aune X1 looks like a good option, but it sounds like I may already have surpassed it's SQ with the 7308 from what I've been reading.  Price wise, I'd like to keep it well under $500, with ~$300 being my target.

Please let me know your thoughts and opinions!  Any advice is welcome!  Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back