Upgrade from Audio GD Dac 19 (not DSP version)
Feb 10, 2014 at 12:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jonta_dj

100+ Head-Fier
Sorry for starting another "what should I get" thread. I've been browsing this forum without logging in for a long time. I'm looking for a new DAC but with all the options I don't know where to go and decided to ask here.

I've been using the Audio-GD DAC 19 (without DSP) for a few years and love it but I belive there are new dacs that outperform it today. Before I got the DAC 19 I was using a Linn Majik DSI which I decided to get rid of and replace with the DAC 19. Saved a lot of money there. Before the Majik I was using a Lynx L22 sound card and every upgrade after it I have loved.

I know there are different sabre equipped DACs and they have got lots of praise. I wonder if anyone have experience with the DAC 19 and would recommend something that is miles ahead of it? Either Sabre equipped or PCM1704UK based DACs. I'm not looking for only Audio-GD DACs but anything better than what I currently have.

Looking forward to your help!

Feb 11, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #2 of 3
I had the DAC19DF ( the one without the DSP like yours ) and I've upgraded to the AudioGD SA-2 and I'm quite happy with the result. While I do consider the SA-2 a clear improvement, it's price / performance ratio is worse than the DAC19DF had.

Feb 11, 2014 at 6:49 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for your reply. I've been reading about the Audio GD SA-2 and it seems interesting. I also noted its pcm1704UK based.

Any thoughts about sabre based dacs from chinese makers, or dacs from makers like yulong, ps audio or others? I guess many people stopped using the DAC-19 already but would know about an upgrade from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back