Upgrade from Atrio M5 to?
Aug 7, 2008 at 8:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

don_lee103

Head-Fier
Hey guys,

What are the best upgrade to go from Atrio M5's?

I am very happy with its bass but I want more clarity for vocal music.

Will SE530 suit my need?

EDIT: I've realized that I have posted this thread on wrong section before. That's probably why I wasn't getting a lot of comments.

Aug 7, 2008 at 8:34 AM Post #2 of 7
I'm not sure if I can get the right answer since I haven't used either of them, but I hear that a lot of people went from the Atrio M5 to the Sleek Audio SA6. I've heard that it's level of bass is less, and has a better overall detail in the sound, etc. Another thing is that you can customize the sound they way you like it, because the SA6 is a customizable IEM. You can control the level of bass, and tremble.

There's also a Shure SE530 VS SA6 VS Tripple Fis here:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/s...arison-350449/

Aug 7, 2008 at 8:50 AM Post #3 of 7
I've tried all (SE530, UM2, Atrio, Sleek SA6, UE superfi 5pro and triplefi, Livewires, Freqshows, UE11) and would say the Atrio has the most enjoyable sound around and the details are there if properly amped. However, if you're looking for a different kinda of sound, the SE530 would give you a nice enjoyable sound with just enough bass as well. If you're looking for something analytical and accurate I'd suggest a pair of Livewires. the SA6 is customisable but you'd never get the kinda bass impact as from the SE530 or Westone UM2.

I'm not into the UE sound no matter how many times i've tried their stuff so i won't suggest anything from there. You might however want to read reviews on the triple.fi which many people highly recommend.

Aug 7, 2008 at 8:57 AM Post #4 of 7
Thanks for your comment guys! I really appreciate it.

Yes, I heard many positive stories about triple.fi's.
After 5 days of researching on head-fi, it seems that there are a lot of fights between SE530 and triple.fi although there are usually no outcome in the end. Reading more reviews even makes me more confused as many people are biased towards their product so I don't know which source of info to rely on.

Aug 7, 2008 at 9:18 AM Post #5 of 7
Also, Other than the headphones we have discussed, (except SA6) would there be any headphones thats less than $200 but perform better than Atrios?

My experience with Atrios werent that great. They sounded very muddy to be although the bass was very controlled and tight.

Aug 7, 2008 at 9:18 AM Post #6 of 7
If you can, try them before you buy them, if not i believe the online stores have a 30day return policy. There're not outcomes in the debates because everyone's sound preference is different. You'll only find out whether you like it or not when you try it. Its all about personal preference.

Aug 7, 2008 at 9:22 AM Post #7 of 7
Yeah.. i know.. but I am currently situated in Canada atm so the return policy is more strict as it has to be shipped from the states. (I have to deal with VAT, brokerage fees.)
As always, I have to rely on people's comments about IEMs and make my decision based on that.

The reason why I wanted SE530 was because I never tried them before and people praise them a lot as a good quality IEM producers. Although their cable problems are still ongoing, I don't know if it's worth the risk to buy them knowing that your cable will break in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back