Upgrade from Atrio M5 to?
Aug 4, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #2 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by don_lee103 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys,

What are the best upgrade to go from Atrio M5's?

I am very happy with its bass but I want more clarity for vocal music.

Will SE530 suit my need?

BUMP. Your help is greatly appreciated
biggrin.gif

Aug 4, 2008 at 6:59 PM Post #3 of 11
well the atrio m5 is pretty much top notch for the bass.

SE530 and Tripple Fi's are great headphones if you want an IEM, are you looking for IEM or Full sized. I recommend searching this forum and seeing the different cans and iems that are offered and read reviews. it helps

Aug 5, 2008 at 5:18 AM Post #5 of 11
Ok... I've researched on Head-Fi for about 4 hours but without a verdict.

I initially had SE530 in mind but a lot of people were having cable problems. What do you guys say?
I am willing to spend up to $350 including everything (taxes etc) I live in Canada many IEMs are extremely hard to get here. (I'll probably order one from ebay)

Please let me know what you guys think.

Aug 5, 2008 at 5:32 AM Post #6 of 11
Hey sorry to thread jack but hopefully this draws a little attention to your thread. But what was wrong with the Atrios M5? What music do you listen to and what did it not do correctly?

Aug 5, 2008 at 8:12 AM Post #8 of 11
At your price range you should consider the TripleFi 10. But don't expect a big upgrade from the M5. Personally I'll consider upgrading to full cans if I were you. Other IEMs to consider include the Livewires, Sleek SA6, Klipsch Image.

Aug 5, 2008 at 8:28 AM Post #9 of 11
Hey scythe,

I do have the MDR-V6 but i use it very seldomly. As I will be commuting to school (1.5 hour bus ride) I need something as small as my Atrio M5 as I don't like to carry big headphones on me.

Aug 5, 2008 at 10:27 AM Post #10 of 11
well,

I went from Atrio's to Triple.fi's and have never looked back. I loooooooved Atrio's Bass but since I have the Triple.fi's I never missed the Atrio bass. The trips are a very worthy upgrade and are much much better.

Rgds

Aug 12, 2008 at 6:32 PM Post #11 of 11
ricthaman, what made the Triple.fi that much better from the Atrios?

And Don lee what was it that you didn't like as far as clarity?

(Keep this thread alive, its intresting)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back