Upgrade from AKG K701 to Q701?
Nov 5, 2016 at 4:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

rimbaud65

New Head-Fier
I've seen a lot of different viewpoints about this and I'm still a bit confused as to what's what. I use my AKG K701 on a regular basis and I do enjoy them for the most part - very detailed and revealing, nice soundstage, terrific treble although on the negative side lacking in bass, bass punch. That's no secret I suppose. So my question is, how does the Q701 play compared to these? I've heard people say that the bass is much better on the Q701 and others have said there is no difference or at least minimal difference, nothing to write home about. More of repacking involving the fame of Quincy Jones.

Will me getting an Q701 be a substantial or noteworthy difference, especially in the bass? As I already own the K701 will I have two headphones so similar to each other that there is plainly no reason for it? By the way, I use the Heed Audio Canamp for amping.

Can you give some advice I'll appreciate it.

Nov 5, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #2 of 4
deleted

Nov 5, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #3 of 4
I'm fairly certain the q701 is better in every way over the k701... But the difference is not substantial and I recommend you stick with your k701s as the extra money you invest will not provide a great improvement

Users who are viewing this thread

Back