Upgrade from AKG K240mkii
Mar 17, 2012 at 3:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

evilsword

New Head-Fier
All,

I am looking to get an upgrade for my cans. I am currently using K240 mkii with LD MKIII as the amp. I mostly listen to vocals, classics and sometimes pop. I am looking for something with more warmth while maintaining the details at the mid to high range. I am not much of a bass guy. Any recommendations? I am currently looking at DT880 600 ohms. Will this be what I am looking for?

Evil

Mar 17, 2012 at 3:45 AM Post #2 of 6

Quote:
I am looking to get an upgrade for my cans. I am currently using K240 mkii with LD MKIII as the amp. I mostly listen to vocals, classics and sometimes pop. I am looking for something with more warmth while maintaining the details at the mid to high range. I am not much of a bass guy. Any recommendations? I am currently looking at DT880 600 ohms. Will this be what I am looking for?

So, you want to upgrade from your SKG headphones, have you though of trying the brand AKG?

Mar 17, 2012 at 4:07 AM Post #3 of 6
Stupid Typo! 
confused_face(1).gif

Mar 17, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #4 of 6
What about the sennheiser hd650's? My friend pairs his with the LD MKIII as well and it gives a very lush sound.

Mar 17, 2012 at 5:33 AM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
All,

Evil

sounds like a 701 to me...
k701smile.gif

Mar 17, 2012 at 8:59 AM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
All,

Evil

Heya,

DT880 would be excellent.

Others to consider:

AKG Q701
AudioTechnica AD900
Ultrasone HFI 2400
Shure SRH940
Sennheiser HD600
Grado SR225i
Hifiman HE-400

Very best,