Upgrade advice
Nov 28, 2001 at 4:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

halfnote

New Head-Fier
I have based all my purchasing decisions from what I have read on this forum and it has not done me wrong so I would like to express appreciation as well as ask a question.

I bought the panasonic 570 and Sony 7506's for primary listening and the Koss ksc-50's for working out. Sounds really good, I am quite happy. However, I read about the porta corda + Senn 580 deal and I am starting to think that maybe those would sound really sweet plugged into to the panasonic..

My question is this. Is the amp and senns out of the line out going to give me a good bump up in sound as opposed to the 7506's out the headphone jack? I imagine this kind of stuff is relative, but I am looking for an opinion. Also, if I purchase the set up...will it ever end?

Thanks to head-fi..

Nov 28, 2001 at 11:50 PM Post #2 of 4
Using senns + porta corda will sound considerably better than 7506s out of the headphone jack. No doubt, 580s are better than V6s for most applications when properly driven. The V6s and your koss phones have a "metallic sound". The 580s just sing. And no, you will never stop buying audio gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back