Upgrade advice from Fidue A73
Dec 31, 2015 at 3:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

nekromantik

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi people,

Currently got Fidue A73 which has my preferred sound signature type. What would be a worthy upgrade for these?
They need to be good for Trance music and a plus is removable cable. I am using Sony A27 player at the moment so needs to be easy to drive. 
Max price is £200/$300. Im in the UK.

Thanks and Happy New Year! 

Dec 31, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #2 of 13
I don't know a ton about what you have other than a warm sound signature. I would rec the Aurisonics Kicker. I think they check the boxes you mentioned. You didn't mention a budget though.

Dec 31, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #3 of 13
I don't know a ton about what you have other than a warm sound signature. I would rec the Aurisonics Kicker. I think they check the boxes you mentioned. You didn't mention a budget though.

Sorry I just updated the post with budget.
Im looking for a v shape sound with plenty of low bass thats fast and large sound stage.

Dec 31, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #4 of 13
Hmmm, I guess I read the Fidue A73 reviews wrong. They seem to say they have a warm sound signature. If you want V-shaped and easy to drive I would rec the Alpha & Delta AD01 with upgraded cable. It's about $100 in the US and you can get it from Amazon or directly from LendMeUrEars. They have awesome bass (even better with upgraded cable), V-shaped, good soundstage, removable cable, and no amp needed. There is a separate thread for them for more info and they are also highly rec'd on the Basshead IEM thread I frequent:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/761433/the-best-iems-for-bass-are-the-iem-bass-club/

Dec 31, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #5 of 13
Hmmm, I guess I read the Fidue A73 reviews wrong. They seem to say they have a warm sound signature. If you want V-shaped and easy to drive I would rec the Alpha & Delta AD01 with upgraded cable. It's about $100 in the US and you can get it from Amazon or directly from LendMeUrEars. They have awesome bass (even better with upgraded cable), V-shaped, good soundstage, removable cable, and no amp needed. There is a separate thread for them for more info and they are also highly rec'd on the Basshead IEM thread I frequent:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/761433/the-best-iems-for-bass-are-the-iem-bass-club/

Im not the best at describing sound ha, Maybe they are warm. What would your choice in warm be?
I was looking at Sony XBA A3.

Dec 31, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #6 of 13
I don't have experience with the A3. Usually "warm" is described as good bass with recessed treble. "V-shaped" would be good bass with equal amounts of treble. Which do you think you prefer?

Dec 31, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #9 of 13
I answered your questions to me earlier - here (http://www.head-fi.org/t/771174/fidue-a73-hybrid-1dd-1ba-iem-impressions-and-discussion-thread/1110#post_12211281)

Jan 11, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #13 of 13
Then I would go back to the Aurisonics Kicker suggestion
smily_headphones1.gif

Delusion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back