Updating DAP (FiiO M3) library on Mac OS X
May 27, 2016 at 7:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Geordiepete

Head-Fier
Still getting to grips with the FiiO M3. Double albums (e.g. Genesis' Seconds Out; The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway; and David Gilmour's Live in Gdansk) were compiled as one on the M3, so both discs' Track 1s were followed by a pair of Track 2s, etc. I think I'm getting that fixed now, via Swinsian and fiddling with the in-Mac Music Library folder.

What I wish to know now is, must I delete the M3 SD card every time I want to add a new album or song? Having a hard time working out how to sync my in-Mac Music Library with my FiiO M3 SD card. I drag and drop my Music Folder contents to the SD card every time I add new music to the card.

Any advice welcome!

May 27, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #2 of 4
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/dapper/id903223330?mt=12

expensive but solved all my Fiio syncing issues

May 27, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #3 of 4

Cheers.

In my haste, I simply purchased Dapper (no trial available). However, it's not transferring my FLACs to the FiiO M3. Does it support FLACs? I presumed it would, but can't find any mention on their website. I only have one MP3, and that transferred. Does Dapper only work with iTunes? I really wanted it to simply grab my Music folder of FLACs and have it sync to my FiiO 64GB micro SD card. Is there a way to do this?

May 28, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #4 of 4

Cheers.

In my haste, I simply purchased Dapper (no trial available). However, it's not transferring my FLACs to the FiiO M3. Does it support FLACs? I presumed it would, but can't find any mention on their website. I only have one MP3, and that transferred. Does Dapper only work with iTunes? I really wanted it to simply grab my Music folder of FLACs and have it sync to my FiiO 64GB micro SD card. Is there a way to do this?

Dapper works in conjunction with iTunes I believe. So any non iTunes friendly file not in your library isn't going to get transferred over. I just converted them to ALAC personally. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back