Updated: Just spent about ~$1000... I hate you all.. I think :p
Mar 3, 2010 at 1:32 AM Post #16 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by SillyHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it a balanced setup? For $1,000?

And congratz on your purchase
biggrin.gif

You remind me of myself. I just simply wanted to find a cans to replace my lost iPhone earphone (at that time I was young, happy and always smile to others. Just 4 months ago I guess)

So I googled

And I found Head-Fi...

Now I find myself gotten much older, always upset and easily to get angry with people since my mind is now all about financing my hobby (or my biggest mistake?)

lol +1

Mar 3, 2010 at 2:51 AM Post #19 of 59
At this point your wallet/checking account might be asking for a divorce, citing abuse as the reason. . .o_O

Mar 3, 2010 at 2:58 AM Post #20 of 59
Just listened to a Frank Sinatra CD on the HD600s stock with my Xonar D2X card driving a LD MKIII amp...

I want to cry...wow. Just wow. Murders my 595s.

On the other hand, my Linkin Park MP3 sounds like ****...

Mar 3, 2010 at 3:02 AM Post #21 of 59
Well, 8k+ later i'm finally happy with my rig, but Stax is always sitting there teasing the sh!t out of me. It's devastating that it's only a matter of when i'll give in.
EDIT: So i guess i'm not happy after all. damn.

Mar 3, 2010 at 3:02 AM Post #22 of 59
I know the feeling... about 2 months ago, I owned a $20 pair of POS Sony headphones from Walmart, came here to see what I could get thats better...

Since then:
AKG K701
Fiio E5
RW Amp 1 (sold)
Corda Headfive (sold)
Box of cables, including connects, 3.5-RCA, optical, spdif etc.
Musical Fidelity X-Can V8P
Onkyo ND-S1
Cambridge Audio Dacmagic
NAD T514 DVD (transport)
AND.... I have a Woo WA6SE, HD650, tubes, and Woo stand incomming.
beerchug.gif

I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

I think you will be very happy with your set-up, but don't think it is over for one instant. Congrats and enjoy.

Mar 3, 2010 at 3:43 AM Post #23 of 59
Ha, ha!

Same here (1st post/lurking for at least a wk).
I wanted a set of cans for the computer station (after being 'phone-free for decades).
Now I'm buying (for a GRAND as well):
PLC
USB cable (shielded, duh!)
USB DAC
Stereo Cable (at least I knew 'bout these! :wink: )
Tube Amp (yeah, w/some extra tubes too roll, that's the ticket!)
Headphone Cable (I never even knew 'bout headcables B4 last wk).
Cans (open, of coarse!!!)

Are we there YET?!?!

(actually, thanks everyone for all the help; if you realized it or not!)

Mar 3, 2010 at 4:08 AM Post #24 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by DayoftheGreek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you really just spent all that money, you should have a pretty good idea of what it is going to sound like. As good as one could describe sound over the internet anyway.

"Post of the Week"

Mar 3, 2010 at 4:11 AM Post #25 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head-Head /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Post of the Week"

Says a guy with two posts
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 3, 2010 at 4:54 AM Post #28 of 59
Man you guys are brutal!! LOL

Mar 3, 2010 at 5:08 AM Post #29 of 59
Oh wow, what a waste..... you could have bought d7000 for $600 and any amp for $400 you would had better setup
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 3, 2010 at 5:09 AM Post #30 of 59
That's quite a lot to splash out on your first setup; you could be heading down a very slippery path! I spent about $1200 on my first setup and once the fun-factor subdued I wasn't all that impressed with it. Now some years later I'm sporting a $300-ish rig and absolutely trilled with it!

You have to be audio-smart when it comes to spending money; a Sennheiser headband will cost more than some well built headphones. The markup for 'audiophile-grade' is extortionate, the best thing you can do is let your ears do the purchasing, disregard the reviews. Also beware of 'audiophile-snobbery' ~ if it's expensive it sounds good routine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back