Updated ER4 in Coming Months...IS THIS TRUE?
Jan 17, 2005 at 10:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

justanotheruser

100+ Head-Fier
title

Jan 17, 2005 at 11:42 PM Post #2 of 11
i sure hope their long planned ear mold adaptors come soon too!
mad.gif

Jan 18, 2005 at 1:29 AM Post #4 of 11
i was kinda planning on getting a set of ER4p's fairly soon (yes, i know i've said in the past that i prefer the sound of the ER6i, but i kind of want a little more high end extension). if this is true, i guess i'll wait... personally, i wish that etymotic would make the ER4 series a little more compact. the sound quality can stay the same, as far as i'm concerned. though a little more warmth wouldn't hurt
wink.gif

Jan 18, 2005 at 1:34 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.karmalicious
Have you guys seen the Shure E4c? It's a smaller E3 with boosted and extended highs and lows.

meh. unless they do the top end better than the E5's, i'm not interested.

Jan 18, 2005 at 1:36 AM Post #7 of 11
I haven't heard them, but retail price is $299. They are supposed to be a combonation of the E3's and E5's.

Jan 18, 2005 at 1:41 AM Post #8 of 11
in that case, double meh.
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
the e4 does look nice, though. if only we could combine the highs of the ER-4x and the lows of the E5. for under $800, i mean, for those of you who would jump up to scream "Ultimate Ears!" or "Senaphonics!".
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 18, 2005 at 1:48 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.karmalicious
How DO the E5's compare to the E3's?

i think the E5's are much better than the E3's. they have much better bass and acceptable (for an ety fan) treble. you pay for it though.

p.s. not to say that the E3's aren't good, solid phones. they just don't do anything for my ears. the ER-4x don't have amazing bass, but it's acceptable and the treble is amazing. the E5 doesn't have amazing treble, but it's acceptable and the bass is amazing. the E3 is the "it doesn't have amazing bass or treble, but they are both acceptable" phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back