Updated Eggo from Sony
Oct 23, 2006 at 11:53 PM Post #32 of 38
Our guinea pig should get them at sonystyle unless he/she needs a short cord version bad enough to pay $85 extra.

Oct 29, 2006 at 12:01 AM Post #33 of 38
I just realize they removed the D66 from audiocubes, 3 days after I received my second pair
lambda.gif
. I hope the new eggos will sound better than they look...
plainface.gif

Jan 18, 2007 at 2:13 AM Post #36 of 38
Jan 19, 2007 at 3:42 PM Post #38 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe jjcha had briefly owned a pair of D777SL which he had up for sale in the FS forum a few days ago.

Yeah... now it's in Jahn's hands!

jahnd777.jpg

Heh, anyway some parting thoughts - as usual I felt seller's remorse as I was selling the can. It has an interesting sound - perhaps not the most truly detailed, but a nice crisp, clean sound. Controlled. We actually compared it with the Bose QC2, QC3, Triports, Triport OE and the D777 had a definition and control over the sound that the Bose products did not. The Bose items had a full, rich sound, which actually is quite enjoyable. But it's just loose and flabby and you lose timbre as a result. Tonally it had a flatter response across the board, though the Bose was definitely the bassier. Timbre on the Bose products just sounded off - not just coloured but lacking a realistic body to it. The Sony was also coloured, but the timbre was more true (i.e., sounded less plasticky.)

Anyway, I'm gonna miss them. I bought them as a gift for my dad, but my dad got another portable can before I could give these to him. But I enjoyed them while they were here. Would I really use these over my favored ATH-ES7? Maybe from time to time. They're an interesting can, perhaps overpriced for their overall level of performance, but still not one completely unjustifable.

Hopefully Jahn's sister will enjoy em!

Best,

-Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back