UPDATE - Now for something completely different (it does have headphones) :-)
May 9, 2010 at 6:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Fred_fred2004

Member of the Trade: Fred_fred2004 (Ebay Store)

Start with a very small electret mic insert 3mm is good

Bulk it up with a few layers of good old heat shrink

Put on a final layer this time insulate the mic body

Thank goodness for helping hands

Finally install into the head unit

Meet Stethy

The guts

The circuit is a dual opamp low gain, using the second stage as a low pass filter, the signal is then amplified by an lm386
a second LC filter on the output allows the user to focus on breath or heart sounds
Made for a family friend who was battling to pass a medical course with a hearing impairement,
this was the first time they were able to correctly hear a heart murmur.
Anyway just sharing, and more than a little chuffed it was harder than it looks to get it right

cheers
FRED

May 9, 2010 at 9:53 AM Post #3 of 23
great work mate, now you need to pimp it out with cryo connectors and a custom molded earpiece :wink: no seriously thats a realy nice thing you did there and there are congratulations in order :beerchug:

May 9, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #7 of 23
Thanks guys, its nice to do some thing different and the young lady will be a doctor next year so if you ever see it in real life you'll know were it came from :)

May 9, 2010 at 8:08 PM Post #8 of 23
That was a great thing you did there... as well as a very clean and professional technical job. Congratulations!  I bet the soon-to-be-doctor was very deeply thrilled.

May 9, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #10 of 23
I like that I had no idea what that was at the beginning, and then didn't know what it was at the end either. It's a stethoscope right?

Cool build man.

May 9, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #11 of 23
Yes its a stethoscope but its nick name is "Stethy" - because medical students need to call things silly names :)

May 9, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #12 of 23
Nice idea but useless in the field without FDA/MDD certification.
popcorn.gif

May 10, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #15 of 23
I'd certify it based on Awesome. FDA will see that bitchin' sweet sleeving and approve that all over the place. And don't forget that (what appears to be) 2200uF Nichicon KZ.

Quote:
Nice idea but useless in the field without FDA/MDD certification.
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back