Upcoming video game discussion thread
Apr 9, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #46 of 68
Quote:
A few games, actually. Max Payne 3, Far Cry 3, I Am Alive, Doom 4, Grid 2, and a few others I can't remember right now.

Isn't I Am Alive released last month and ready for purchase? IGN reviewed it http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/852/852011.html

No PC version :frowning2:

I hope that MP3, FC 3, and GTA 5 will be playable on my laptop.

Apr 9, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #47 of 68

Quote:
Isn't I Am Alive released last month and ready for purchase? IGN reviewed it http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/852/852011.html

No PC version :frowning2:

I hope that MP3, FC 3, and GTA 5 will be playable on my laptop.

It was released at the beginning of March for the Xbox, which is irrelevant for me. Also, I'm waiting for a PC version.

What are your system specs?

Apr 9, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #48 of 68
I couldn't get into I Am Alive. Everything about it felt so mediocre.

I still waiting on DMC. Hoping to the gaming gods that it reviews highly.

Apr 9, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #49 of 68
Quote:
It was released at the beginning of March for the Xbox, which is irrelevant for me. Also, I'm waiting for a PC version.

What are your system specs?

I see. I thought you're talking about the console version
biggrin.gif
. Is there going to be any PC port?

My laptop specs:
Intel Core i5 M450 @2.4 GHz (3 Mb cache)
4GB DDR3 1066
Mobility Radeon HD5650 1 GB VRAM

I ran Battlefield 3 with lowest setting with this laptop (1366x768) and still get 20-30 FPS. Can't get more than 40 FPS :frowning2:

Apr 10, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #50 of 68
Just prepurchased Guild Wars 2

Apr 10, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #52 of 68

Quote:

I see. I thought you're talking about the console version
biggrin.gif
. Is there going to be any PC port?

My laptop specs:
Intel Core i5 M450 @2.4 GHz (3 Mb cache)
4GB DDR3 1066
Mobility Radeon HD5650 1 GB VRAM

I ran Battlefield 3 with lowest setting with this laptop (1366x768) and still get 20-30 FPS. Can't get more than 40 FPS :frowning2:

There better be :)

You might want to check for updated Catalyst drivers, as Battlefield 3 is one of the games that benefit massively from driver optimization.

Apr 14, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #54 of 68
Yes I am alive really sucked what a joke nothing moves when you walk against it,everything is just standing there and nothing is interactive at all,just a game from a to b where once in a while something happens,really weak.....
Good idea tho but not worked out properly too bad was looking forward to this game.......

Apr 15, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #55 of 68

Quote:
I'm really interested to see how they play Master Chief into all of this. I thought I remember hearing one of the designers say that the new Spartan IV's are going to be bigger, faster, stronger, and overall better than Chief. My big question, if this is true, how will he keep up, how will they keep him a dynamic part of the game if he's supposedly 'inferior' to these new Spartans. 
That, and I'm excited to see the new enemy they're going to fight! 

Cortana picked john because he is *lucky(remember the fall cinimatic in halo 3), so there is that. LOL. As for what I'm looking out for;

Halo 4
Ghost Recon FS
Splinter Cell 6 
DOA 5
A good motorcycle simulator -_-

God I hope the next splinter cell goes back to basics... I long for you Chaos Theory 2.

Apr 15, 2012 at 6:54 AM Post #56 of 68
Quote:

There better be :)

You might want to check for updated Catalyst drivers, as Battlefield 3 is one of the games that benefit massively from driver optimization.

I always update my drivers whenever there's an update available. Still didn't run very smooth.

Quote:
A good motorcycle simulator -_-

I also wish there is one. I looked at SBK or MotoGP games and they aren't exciting enough.

Anyway, have you all seen the Rainbow Six: Patriots trailer?

Apr 15, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #57 of 68
I used to upgrade whenever there was an update available but soon came to realize that those "upgrades" were actually really not downgrades at all and, on occasion, I saw dips in performance. Since then, I've followed the notion that, if it isn't broken, don't fix it.

Quote:
I always update my drivers whenever there's an update available. Still didn't run very smooth.

I also wish there is one. I looked at SBK or MotoGP games and they aren't exciting enough.

Anyway, have you all seen the Rainbow Six: Patriots trailer?

Apr 16, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #58 of 68
Knowing if it's worth doing driver updates is essential. Jumping on either bandwagon isn't advisable.

Apr 17, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #59 of 68
Don't worry, I always read the release notes about the latest update since Catalyst version 10 point something crashed my PC. I learned my lesson to read change logs and check out ATi discussion forums before updating to latest release. If there's no problem reported, I jump right away. If anything happens, I can rollback the drivers anyway.

My laptop is somewhat unique. I can't use latest ATi official driver because it's using switchable graphic card. I have to obtain updated drivers unofficially (there's some guy on the net maintaining ATi drivers for switchable graphics laptop). I don't update my laptop graphic card driver as often as I do on my PC.

No love for Rainbow Six?

Apr 17, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #60 of 68

Quote:
Don't worry, I always read the release notes about the latest update since Catalyst version 10 point something crashed my PC. I learned my lesson to read change logs and check out ATi discussion forums before updating to latest release. If there's no problem reported, I jump right away. If anything happens, I can rollback the drivers anyway.

My laptop is somewhat unique. I can't use latest ATi official driver because it's using switchable graphic card. I have to obtain updated drivers unofficially (there's some guy on the net maintaining ATi drivers for switchable graphics laptop). I don't update my laptop graphic card driver as often as I do on my PC.

No love for Rainbow Six?

Ah, well I was actually talking about that other user with the "if it's not broken, don't fix it" philosophy, which isn't the smartest thing to do either. But then again, doing frantic driver updating isn't any better, as both options have trade-offs. Selective updating is the best course of action :)

Yeah, I know what you mean about AMD's Switchable Graphics. For some odd reason, they're using combo drivers instead of regular individual drivers for the IGP and the GPU, which would then communicate with each other through small extensions, like what Nvidia does with Optimus. I've seen some modded Mobility drivers, but those were for standalone GPUs, but I think you're talking about stock drivers.

Haven't followed Rainbow Six recently. Have they maintained the gameplay of Vegas on the new versions, only with updated graphics and physics engines?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back