Upcoming Sony Xperia Z. DAC?
Jan 17, 2013 at 11:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 88

DoomForce

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys. I'm sure there's a couple of people interested in the upcoming Sony Xperia Z/ZL next month. Does anyone have any idea what sort of DAC its going to wear and how it could compare to the Note 2 one?

Jan 19, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #5 of 88
Quote:
What does this chipset tell us?
smily_headphones1.gif

Well identical SoC as the nexus 4, and from the other threads it was no where as good as the samsung gs3 soo... lol

damn it I was actually hoping it would be good because i've decided to get this phone next month .. oh well lets just hope it will have usb audio 

Jan 23, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #7 of 88
Even if the DAC for the Xperia WAS good, i wouldn't get it as a PMP. Most likely it would run out of battery insanely fast, as it is a phone. I prefer to keep my phone and DAP seperate, so that i can make calls without my phone dying.

Jan 23, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #8 of 88
I wouldn't worry too much about the battery. Unless if you're watching hours of video on your phone every day, it shouldn't by any means run out of juice. I think that even a phone with a relatively low battery like the Galaxy Nexus can run an hour of FLAC/mp3 320 playback without even burning 10% of the charge. So unless you want to go on for days with the same charge, any new phone should be OK as a pmp.

Please report if you get more news about the chip on this upcoming phone. I am sure it will make quite a difference to a lot of people here that will be on phone replacement search.

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #13 of 88
Can it do USB audio out?

I would get the Xperia Z in a heartbeat over Galaxy S3 if it can..

The Z has some pretty good specs (minus the DAC)

Mar 4, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #15 of 88
I tried the Xperia Z sound with my Momentum and it sounded great to me. Punchy, tight bass and clear mids and treble. It was a very brief listen but it sure does the job good enough for a phone if you intend to plug your cans straight into it. 

I must mention also, it's a pretty darn nicely built phone. I'm almost willing to say it puts iPhone 5 to shame. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back