Upcoming Audiophile source?
Jan 13, 2008 at 3:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

davidw89

100+ Head-Fier
I am planning on getting another mp3 to match with Pico (any recommendation)
So i wait out for new ones to come in the market (any in particular) or go with something like the Cowon D2 or something thin similiar to the iPod touch.

Jan 13, 2008 at 3:24 AM Post #2 of 10
I am looking as well. I have it down to two units. I decided to go entirely FLAC so that limits the choices. I like the IAudio 7 and the D2. Size wise the D2 is a perfect match for the Pico and with the SD card slot you can make that 16gb. However the IA 7 is smaller and has regular controls instead of the touch screen, how do you feel about always having to look at the screen when making a change on your DAP?

Jan 13, 2008 at 3:30 AM Post #3 of 10
I heard a D3 is coming out..perhaps you should wait for that. heres the link:
Cowon iAudio D3 Not Too Far Off?
I don't know if it's worth 6 month wait though
tongue.gif
...but it is thinner..
I plan to get the Pico (wont be till a few months since demand>supply) but from the look of it, it wont fit the iAudio 7 well (being too thick). No worries, it works great unamped too, so i can use this rig for portability. I'll just need to get something else.
The Toshiba Gigabeat T400 isn't too bad for quality, but is limited to 4gb.
I prefer to go the FLAC option as well mainly because the player will be more likely geared toward enthusiast.

Check this out, Cowon D2 looks like an iPod Touch
tongue.gif

iAudiophile.net: News

Jan 13, 2008 at 4:33 AM Post #4 of 10
D2 looks awesome, bu tI know I wont be that patient. IA 7 will be ok with the pico. Did you see on the JetAudio website someone bought the hard case for the IA 6/7 and wrote in that it wont fit the 7? Cant use the leather case if its strapped to a pico.

Jan 13, 2008 at 6:25 AM Post #5 of 10
The plastic case should work....i personally don't like the leather case.
Because of JetAudio's poor support for international customer, i had to get the clear case at a premium price. Jez why don't they just ship o/s or distribute the case here (Australia).

Ah well enough rant. Btw there are lots of new players coming from the iRiver (CES 2008(..you might want to check that out as well if you become patient enough.

Jan 13, 2008 at 7:07 PM Post #9 of 10
ya I'm dying with my creative zen micro.. I am looking to get the lplayer (since I was considering the clix 2 anyways but wanted an update) or the spinn

the e100 had the specs of the clix.. but it's ugly so I don't really want it anymore

can't wait! I'm hoping it'll be out latest Q2 of 2008... and hoping I could easily get it in Canada... the optimist in me is saying BestBuy will carry it by the end of Q1? but the realist is saying.. dream on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back