Up In ARMS, Head-Fi'ers!!
May 26, 2010 at 5:37 PM Post #2 of 14
lol, pretty funny.

May 26, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #3 of 14
Heh, I saw the one with multiple different hobbies and the tube amp guys said, "it reproduces frequencies only dogs can hear". I was looking around for it to post here but I couldn't find it.

Maybe they do have audiophiles at Acura that gave them the idea for this. who knows, haha

May 26, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:
Heh, I saw the one with multiple different hobbies and the tube amp guys said, "it reproduces frequencies only dogs can hear". I was looking around for it to post here but I couldn't find it.

Maybe they do have audiophiles at Acura that gave them the idea for this. who knows, haha

I saw this ad for the first time last night, and when I heard the guy say that, I pretty much winced.

Yes, we spend hundreds, even thousands of dollars on audio equipment just to hear stuff we actually can't.
rolleyes.gif

May 26, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #5 of 14
Ehhhh....Atleast my Amp doesn't have an obnoxious looking beak like all of their cars.

May 27, 2010 at 3:13 AM Post #6 of 14

Quote:
Ehhhh....Atleast my Amp doesn't have an obnoxious looking beak like all of their cars.

That's what I was thinking!  It's the other way around really.  Who wants a car with a front end like that?  Car companies need to start listening to their designers instead of their marketing department. 

May 27, 2010 at 5:12 AM Post #7 of 14
lol imagine if they ran that watch commercial in Switzerland. I think it wouldn't be too well received. It's a risky marketing strategy, seems to me they'd be pretty memorable for 'most people' but risk turning away potential customers who happen to have those interests. 

May 27, 2010 at 8:47 AM Post #8 of 14
Haha, thats gold. I agree about the Acura look :S

May 27, 2010 at 1:48 PM Post #9 of 14
I dont understand why everyone thinks ppl spend money on audio for frequency response and nothing else. I saw a lot of comments yesterday on Gizmodo when they posted an article about the Ultrasone ED8 and most of them were completely ignorant comments like "Human ear cant hear above 20khz anyway" or "who needs response upto 40khz, ppl are crazy" etc etc. There is a lot more to high end audio than frequency response, just because its one of the few measurable quantities they can advertise about doesnt mean its the only aspect that they are charging that much money for.

May 27, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:
I dont understand why everyone thinks ppl spend money on audio for frequency response and nothing else. I saw a lot of comments yesterday on Gizmodo when they posted an article about the Ultrasone ED8 and most of them were completely ignorant comments like "Human ear cant hear above 20khz anyway" or "who needs response upto 40khz, ppl are crazy" etc etc. There is a lot more to high end audio than frequency response, just because its one of the few measurable quantities they can advertise about doesnt mean its the only aspect that they are charging that much money for.

Ugh, tell me about it. Yesterday somebody posted an old release announcement on OCN about the Ultrasone Edition 8 (maybe it was the same article as the source), and of course it had a daring title like "These could be your first audiophile cans." And naturally, the comments were the typical "BOSE sucks, I bet $200 headphones can beat these, headphones are never worth this kind of money, etc." I tried setting the first posters straight, but after reading a few more after mine, I just gave up and let them have their fun.
rolleyes.gif

May 27, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #11 of 14

Quote:
Ugh, tell me about it. Yesterday somebody posted an old release announcement on OCN about the Ultrasone Edition 8

There your problem, its OCN. The biggest group of fanboy sheep in the world, the majority of people there give you biased uneducated opinions just hoping for 'rep'. I gave up on trying to help them with audio months ago.

May 27, 2010 at 4:21 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

There your problem, its OCN. The biggest group of fanboy sheep in the world, the majority of people there give you biased uneducated opinions just hoping for 'rep'. I gave up on trying to help them with audio months ago.

They're still what I go to for when it comes to computer-related stuff. When it comes to audio though, it's painfully obvious to notice who the parrots and trolls are.

And I just replied again to the Ultrasone Ed. 8 thread...people are just getting dumber.

http://www.overclock.net/hardware-news/741402-giz-these-1700-ultrasone-edition-8s-3.html#post9487362

I especially like how a lot of them mention the HD800, when I would bet money the vast majority of them, if any of them, have never even held an HD800 before.

May 27, 2010 at 4:24 PM Post #13 of 14

Quote:
That's what I was thinking!  It's the other way around really.  Who wants a car with a front end like that?  Car companies need to start listening to their designers instead of their marketing department. 

Hey... I drive an Acura. 

May 28, 2010 at 12:26 AM Post #14 of 14
Yep - people might take issues with the quality of information on this site, but it's worse out there in the general, or even, the 'general' techie population. *shiver* Horrifying, really. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back