Unwanted Vinyl
Jan 9, 2010 at 9:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

smrtby123

100+ Head-Fier
I have a stack of probably 25-30 records that I bought when I was in high school, part of a large bunch. I don't listen to them, and I want to get rid of them, but some are of questionable quality. Lots of 80's metal. What are the usual course of action. I don't feel like trying to make money off them, but I feel bad just chucking them. Goodwill? Freecycle?

Jan 9, 2010 at 9:21 PM Post #3 of 9
what he said... you might have some 80's metal i want

Jan 9, 2010 at 9:31 PM Post #5 of 9
Yeah, just put up an FS thread here in the FS/FT forum and see if there are any takers. If you still can't get rid of some of the vinyl, Goodwill is always ready to take it off your hands and someone may come across a personal gem later.

Jan 10, 2010 at 4:03 AM Post #7 of 9
I would pay shipping + $x*R to be randomly raffle assigned a single disc from your collection for dissolution.

Where x is a nominal record fee and R is a cost against the factor your individual postage of the records against the ease of a single transactive dump.

You have here, I am sure, no shortage of people who would be willing to help you to dissolve your unwanted things into locations and with people where they are wanted.

Jan 10, 2010 at 4:34 AM Post #8 of 9
random record raffle idea is cool....
count me in for a few if you do it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back