Unusual Yard Sightings.
Oct 6, 2005 at 7:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Leto Atreides II

500+ Head-Fier
a pigeon (we don't see too many of these outside the city). It's too big for the feeder so it was swinging back and forth. It only hung around for about 3 seconds.

a deer (we are seeing more and more of these)

woodpecker: I hear these every morning but I've never seen one in the birdbath

All three images click to expand.

The pigeon and woodpecker were taken through a dirty window with storm covers, so I'm lucky to see anything at all. I cleaned up the pigeon one a lot but there was nothing to be done for the others. The deer was taken in the pouring rain, and it's out of focus.

As soon as I open my door, they always run off, so I can't ever seem to get good pictures of them.

Oct 6, 2005 at 10:12 PM Post #2 of 2
We've been feeding birds and others here in Gig Harbor Washington for twelve years, and each year the mix is a little different..

Usually we see Tanagers for a little while, but this year, none...

We always have Stellers Jays, but this year, we had a Scrub Jay around for a few weeks...just a singleton, but pretty...

Each year, when the berries are ripe, about mid-September, we usually have our feeders torn down by a beautiful momma bear, often with cubs....this year, nothing...

No owls hooting in the woods this season, but we have been serenaded by Coyotes this year - I think that they may be moving in...

No foxes spotted - they probably have gone for good - too much activity, and the land available is shrinking...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back