UNSW Library Meet 22nd August
Jul 30, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #151 of 317
Seems like we have a better reason to shift it to the 22nd. All in agreement for 22nd?
biggrin.gif
And anyone mind sharing their source with me? My GoVibe USB DAC died on me. :S

Jul 30, 2009 at 5:34 AM Post #152 of 317
I can make it for the first few hours on the 15th; have a family thing in the evening and still not very well so have to rest in between.

I have to consult the domestic social calendar re: 8th or 22nd but I would really like to hear HD800s...

Jul 30, 2009 at 7:13 AM Post #153 of 317
^^thanks for the pm Jason.

Guys it’s a no go for the 22nd either, ATM I’ve got a lot of family commitments that need a lot of my time especially weekends, really sorry to let you all down this time round.

Jul 30, 2009 at 8:49 AM Post #154 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you build it yourself, Tom? Do you mind me asking how much it cost you?

A three-way comparison between the Sabre DAC, Y2 and Pico would be awesome, it'd give me an idea of where to go source-wise from here
smily_headphones1.gif

Hehe of course
wink.gif

Pics are in the proto page in the diy section.

Yeah! That'd be cool~
Well if John can't make it AND I manage to get the case work done by the 22nd or whenever then I can bring my buff32 =]
Don't quote me on that thou lol
That said I would love to push it back if it meant John could make it!

Ummm the cost once boards go to production is probably ~AUD$250 or a little more. That is for Gamma1 Full++ and Gamma2 with ASRC stage and building it yourself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seems like we have a better reason to shift it to the 22nd. All in agreement for 22nd?
biggrin.gif
And anyone mind sharing their source with me? My GoVibe USB DAC died on me. :S

I have a gamma1 you can use if you like? It has no front panels (is ne one noticing a pattern here!?).
Also a HR Ultra micro 2007 with the astrodyne. Tis up to you.

Jul 30, 2009 at 8:51 AM Post #155 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnwmclean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^thanks for the pm Jason.

Guys it’s a no go for the 22nd either, ATM I’ve got a lot of family commitments that need a lot of my time especially weekends, really sorry to let you all down this time round.

Tbh John, I don't think many of us would mind pushing the event back to a time that suits you, provided its not TOO far back anyway. Your HD800 rig is still very much on everyone's must-listen list, even for those of us that sampled it at the last meet, like me
biggrin.gif

Jul 30, 2009 at 9:04 AM Post #156 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by nattonrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a gamma1 you can use if you like? It has no front panels (is ne one noticing a pattern here!?).
Also a HR Ultra micro 2007 with the astrodyne. Tis up to you.

Thanks for the offers! Will probably need it when someone wants to hear my rig.
beerchug.gif

And indeed. Most of us would probably be patient enough to see what time suits you, John.
beerchug.gif

Jul 30, 2009 at 10:00 AM Post #157 of 317
Lol i'm in between an Epson R-D1 and the HD800s...Decisions...Decisions...

Lets just do this weekend? we'll figure out a date to do the HD800s and get qusp down. This is the last chill weekend for a while, work wise...What do you guys think?

Jul 30, 2009 at 11:32 AM Post #159 of 317
Jason,
You can have a loan of my Dacmagic for the meet.
John, What with holidays and family ties - I'll gladly baby-sit your HD800's for a while and nurture them on a healthy diet of acoustic guitar, selected classical, cool country, raucous humour and suchlike.
They will come out of the ordeal - ahem, experience, far more balanced than they would or could have been otherwise.
I will not hold my breath awaiting your reply.

Jul 30, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #160 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by juzmister /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lets just do this weekend? we'll figure out a date to do the HD800s and get qusp down. This is the last chill weekend for a while, work wise...What do you guys think?

Huh? You mean, have a meet this weekend without qusp or john, and then do another one at a later date for them?

Can't sorry, not enough notice. I've got plans already.

Jul 30, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #161 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by juzmister /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'll pass if that's the case. Got other plans.

Jul 30, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #162 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tbh John, I don't think many of us would mind pushing the event back to a time that suits you, provided its not TOO far back anyway. Your HD800 rig is still very much on everyone's must-listen list, even for those of us that sampled it at the last meet, like me
biggrin.gif

I Agree with that one, it would be very much appreciated if we can get a time with John to have a listen to his HD800.

Jul 31, 2009 at 2:41 AM Post #164 of 317
I’m in the midst of changing my internet provider and my emails are down, so sorry for the slow responses.

I’ve re-arranged the weekend of the 22nd, I’ll be able to attend now - really looking forward to it.

Gear:
Sabre32
Beta22
HD800 balanced
plus single ended adapter, nice to see how this goes with the woo.

I need a favour, I use my Mac at home for a source, does anyone have mac laptop, or toslink source of some description I could borrow during the meet?

Is this OK with everyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back