UNSW Library Meet 22nd August
Jun 13, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #46 of 317
Great, the first few weeks of the semester are really relaxed anyway? It usually heats up right before mid-sessions and finals...Not to mention the 3 gen-eds i'm taking this semester haha

I think we've got in enough space in the library? Or should we look for a bigger space?

Jun 19, 2009 at 11:33 AM Post #47 of 317
keep me updated, i might rock up, i sold most of my headphone gear so i'll only have a few modest things

edit: I hosted a meet in the unsw libary a while ago, its good for about 10 people. Have a look for pics, i think i made a meet impression last time

Jun 21, 2009 at 10:10 AM Post #49 of 317
so what is the best time for this meet?
juzmister, any plans for when you are coming back yet??? :p

hopefully this gets done while uni students are still on holidays~~

cant believe that at the last meet, i was bragging about not having to go to uni anymore, but now im back there again.... lame....

anyhow..... ill volunteer for providing pics again
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 21, 2009 at 10:12 AM Post #50 of 317
btw, ive got this massive craving to buy ie8s.... should i wait till the meet or just get them?? hmm....

any thoughts on those? (yer i know i can search, but id rather trust ppl i know than the others *no offense*:p)

Jun 21, 2009 at 10:15 AM Post #51 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dam was it really in 2005?

Yeah bud, it's been a while
smily_headphones1.gif
I miss Blackreplica, he was cool. I miss his PS-1's, too
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by nismohks
btw, ive got this massive craving to buy ie8s.... should i wait till the meet or just get them?? hmm....

Depends. Do you like bassy and full-bodied sound? IE8's sound a bit like HD600's with bass boost on.

Jun 21, 2009 at 10:15 AM Post #52 of 317
Haha, I haven't heard them yet

kenny you are more than welcome!

I'll be arriving home on July 17th, I have the Monday off from uni...I'll see what I can organize at the library. Perhaps we could do it across a few rooms?

Jun 21, 2009 at 10:21 AM Post #53 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
biggrin.gif

mm ps-1s, his in singapore now isn't he

edit: if anyones looking to sell gear, i'm looking for a good source (dac?) and headphones

oh and a stereo speaker amp

Jun 21, 2009 at 10:44 AM Post #54 of 317
how about a northstar m192 mk1? I'm thinking of trying some different sources with my new setup

Jun 21, 2009 at 10:50 AM Post #55 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
biggrin.gif

Depends. Do you like bassy and full-bodied sound? IE8's sound a bit like HD600's with bass boost on.

how much difference is it with the bass knob on max and low?

well i love my hd600s so anything that sounds similar won't go astray really....

how is the cable of the ie8? is it flexible? im kinda used to the westone es cable i have on my sf5p (which i still use daily) which is soooo flexible and nice~

Jun 21, 2009 at 10:54 AM Post #57 of 317
also, anyone know of an places in aus that sell audio parts like cables, plugs etc?

im considering trying to make cables (start with rca first) during my semester break.

i also want to try to make a mini ipod dock (dock connector and female 3.5mm in the same plug) since i can't find them on sale anymore. i know jaben used to sell crossroad branded ones, but hes not responding to emails anymore.

Jun 21, 2009 at 11:23 AM Post #59 of 317
Jun 21, 2009 at 11:26 AM Post #60 of 317
well for the dock connector, i was thinking of just buying an el cheapo cable from dealextreme and then just gutting it :p they are the same arent they?

what i want to buy is stuff like techflex, rcas, plugs etc preferably in aus so cheaper shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back