UNSW Library Meet 22nd August
Aug 3, 2009 at 10:30 AM Post #211 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by nattonrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HAHAHA especially you and your over sized luggage bag
wink.gif

I invite you to invest in a $2k tube amp and NOT be paranoid about bringing it to meets and back
tongue.gif
Fitted styrofoam is made of win.

Aug 3, 2009 at 10:33 AM Post #212 of 317
haha you don't know how anal I can be! I would be afraid to take it outta the house :S

Aug 3, 2009 at 11:11 PM Post #213 of 317
I remember for the last UNSW meet where the security guy went pass the room and when he took a peek into the room he was giving this weird look that maybe we are trying to do dodgy stuff in there with all those electric equipments and cables all around the room
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 4, 2009 at 11:16 AM Post #215 of 317
Lol the RS-1 are long gone...Just the HF-2 now...On the edge of ordering HP-2s, but didn't love how neutral they were last time I had a pair. The HF-2s are working nicely with the Melos though if you would like to do a Grado shoot out

Aug 4, 2009 at 12:45 PM Post #216 of 317
Hey guys put me up for as a yes, don't have much expensive headphones (only Shure 530 + Apple In Ear Headphones) since i've been blowing my money on Apple products instead of cans. I do have a couple of interconnect i'll bring along. Any ideas on time? I'm guessing venue is UNSW library?

Aug 4, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #218 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by juzmister /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol the RS-1 are long gone...Just the HF-2 now...On the edge of ordering HP-2s, but didn't love how neutral they were last time I had a pair. The HF-2s are working nicely with the Melos though if you would like to do a Grado shoot out

Shame. I'll get to know how the HF-2 compare on Melos Vs Woo to give me an idea, though.

Aug 5, 2009 at 9:29 AM Post #219 of 317
I have a slight hitch with my gear list. The Sabre32 will not be ready on time, ATM it's on ply wood and it's too much of safety hazard for stray fingers.
So I'm sourceless for this meet, and do not intend even contemplating the 840c as it's a bad match.

Without a stellar balanced source at the helm it'll be a let down ...

I'll bring the HD800's no problem, I've a single ended adaptor, and will bring the Beta22 - but don't see the point unless like I said there's a source of the same calibre.

Jeremy how's your sabre tracking?

Tom, I know you might have yours ready - but you'd want to show off your system together as one unit. So that's understandable...

Aug 5, 2009 at 9:44 AM Post #220 of 317
Hey John,

If it is done in time I will bring it, b22 or not. That is a big if thou... I hope they email me a quote tomoz otherwise I'm on plywood as well~

Well the sources I'm bringing are:

Gamma1 (now with added faceplates!)
Gamma2 (WM8741 and Gamma1 Full++, possibly with faceplates... damn FPE)
Headroom Ultra Micro DAC '07 w/ Astrodyne PSU

I can bring the mini3 if there is interest?
With the impending b22 I'm going to sell the Talisman T-35hp so I'd prefer not to bring that.

Oh! I just realized... hi juzmister! You don't mind if I bring the above do you? ^^

Aug 5, 2009 at 10:02 AM Post #221 of 317
Natton sure, bring whatever you like. We should have enough space (if we can book enough rooms haha).

John what about my turntable? I may have a new one by the meet, but can bring my trusted technics (lots of mods)...It's a massive pain to bring, but if you really want me to I can.

Aug 5, 2009 at 10:18 AM Post #222 of 317
Coolies~
Well since all of those things are not much bigger than a wallet it shouldn't be a problem =]

Aug 5, 2009 at 11:53 AM Post #223 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnwmclean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a slight hitch with my gear list. The Sabre32 will not be ready on time, ATM it's on ply wood and it's too much of safety hazard for stray fingers.
So I'm sourceless for this meet, and do not intend even contemplating the 840c as it's a bad match.

Without a stellar balanced source at the helm it'll be a let down ...

I'll bring the HD800's no problem, I've a single ended adaptor, and will bring the Beta22 - but don't see the point unless like I said there's a source of the same calibre.

Jeremy how's your sabre tracking?

Tom, I know you might have yours ready - but you'd want to show off your system together as one unit. So that's understandable...

John, if you send me some dimensions i will knock up an ali cover as a temporary case if you want to show off the sabre- purely functional of course

Aug 5, 2009 at 11:58 AM Post #224 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickyboyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
John, if you send me some dimensions i will knock up an ali cover as a temporary case if you want to show off the sabre- purely functional of course

hehe the sound of a desperate man
wink.gif

Aug 5, 2009 at 1:00 PM Post #225 of 317
Nattonrice, fingers crossed it's finished.
Are any of those sources balanced?

Justin, turntable world be nice, but it hasn't got balanced outputs has it? Beta22s purely balanced.

Nick, that's a kind offer, its already on a temporary ply board. I could put a box over it I suppose....

Will work something out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back