Unseen phones, pictures?
Aug 17, 2004 at 7:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

dhelm

New Head-Fier
I've recently been getting my headphone collection up to speed, trying to get nice headphones to use in all occassions, and I'm now needing some for school and ultimate portability.

My main problem is you can't exactly have headphones at school. and I have recently cut my hair, so my old "hair down to my shoulders covering normal earbud while running cord down my neck and in shirt" method won't work anymore. What are the most unseen headphones?
Obviously canalphones, but any more so than others?
Also to be used daily, and at times roughly, so durability is an issue as well.

Right now the Ety ER6 looks great for my budget and listening. (I like fairly untouched response) But would the microphonics be unbearable without a shirt clip?

Anyone have any pictures or know of any showing these phones? Thanks in advance for all replies.

Aug 17, 2004 at 3:03 PM Post #2 of 12
Check out the UE10-Pro and Sensaphonics 2X-S. Though the former will set you back $950 and the latter $800
biggrin.gif

Pictures at (http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=80228)

Aug 17, 2004 at 5:25 PM Post #5 of 12
Or wear a sweater with a hood...

Aug 17, 2004 at 6:37 PM Post #6 of 12
Yeah, hats and hoods arnt allowed, so thatd be a problem. Thanks for the link and suggestions. I can't seem to find any er6 photos in ear. Anyone know of some?

Also I managed to pull together $100 today, so I will most likely be ordering er6 in the coming week. I will then post photos even if not needed. Is Kmart the best online price around?

Aug 17, 2004 at 7:26 PM Post #7 of 12
I'd recommend Idealsound instead. They're a reliable vendor too, and a Head-fi sponsor.

Aug 17, 2004 at 7:32 PM Post #8 of 12
Hmmm... I don't own any Ety's, but from what I've heard they kind of stick out of your ears like to little sticks? Maybe that would make them very conspicuous.

Aug 18, 2004 at 1:21 AM Post #10 of 12
Get some of those phones that look like hearing aids, then claim they are, when in reality, you can't hear a thing but your music.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 18, 2004 at 5:51 PM Post #11 of 12
Try the flesh-colored Westone UM1's. They are canalphones, the wire goes over your ear and down behind your back, since they are stage monitoring headphones. Should work perfect for you. They're a little less conspicuous than the clear ones, which reflect too much light. I think they're $99 shipped from Westone.

good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back