Unsatisfied with E4c
Sep 9, 2005 at 12:07 AM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Shadow
(I am used to Grado SR-80 so it is kind of reasonble it will happen).
since it is my first IEM phone i dont know what to say, but I think that for 200$ it simply dosent deliver the sound I would Expect from a 200$ Phone.
I mostly Listen to metal, and the guitars in the E4c sounds laidback, It lacks the Detail I use from the SR-80, The bass is great, Tight, Punchy and has a pleasureable amount.
Am I living on the moon or am I not alone ?

You pointed out your own problem. Grado has 'its' sound. You can't expect other headphones to sound gradolike, yet they may still provide great sound. At $200 the E4C does sound great, it is comfortable to wear, provides great isolation and it is very small. It sure is worth the $200. It just doesn't sound the way you want it to sound, so you don't think it is worth $200.

Sep 9, 2005 at 8:24 AM Post #17 of 18
the thing is i dont think it sounds like a 200$ headphone, wheather i like it sound signature or not.
this is the main problem. and this is why I am confused..
rolleyes.gif

Sep 9, 2005 at 8:35 AM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Shadow
the thing is i dont think it sounds like a 200$ headphone, wheather i like it sound signature or not.
this is the main problem. and this is why I am confused..
rolleyes.gif

Do have have a go at experimenting with the adding source resistance with the inline volume control as I mentioned.
This does change the balance of the phones, you may like the direction it takes them in.
Simply plug it in to your source with your [source] volume setting at it's normal listening level and then use the attenuator to reduce the volume a bit
after which use the source volume to return to the original level and compare the sound.

[I am assuming your source would be able to drive a bit of extra resistance,
if not you may get reduced volume capability or clipping if the resistance is sufficiently high...]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back