[Unofficial] Pokemon Appreciation/Discussion Thread
Jan 1, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #16 of 47

Quote:
I have a document saved somewhere on my computer that had a list of my ultimate Pokemon team with their move sets and held items and everything based on a bunch of research on Bulbapedia and Smogon.

Can you find that document and upload it as a picture here? I'd love to read it and see what it says....interested to see the choices.

Jan 1, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #17 of 47

I've tried both Electrode and Raichu but they seem relatively weak from both times that I've used them. I've also used Magneton in the past...may try that.

Yup. They have really low HP and defenses, but are speedy and have pretty good special attack. They become more formidable if you manage to max out Double Team. I don't know, I tend to choose Pokemon based on how cool I think they are rather than pure stats. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 1, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #18 of 47

Quote:
Can you find that document and upload it as a picture here? I'd love to read it and see what it says....interested to see the choices.

Sure thing. This was my goal for SoulSilver:

Forretress (King's Rock)
-Bug Bite
-Explosion
-Rapid Spin
-Toxic Spikes

Electrode (Focus Sash)
-Explosion
-Substitute
-Double Team
-Thunderbolt

Ninetails (Choice Specs)
-Dark Pulse
-Energy Ball
-Extrasensory
-Flamethrower

Quagsire (Soft Sand)
-Blizzard
-Aquatail
-Earthquake
-Focus Blast

Tangrowth (Big Root)
-Power Whip
-Giga Drain
-Rock Slide
-Leech Seed

Snorlax (Leftovers)
-Rest
-Snore
-Body Slam
-Belly Drum

Jan 1, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #19 of 47

Quote:

Sure thing. This was my goal for SoulSilver:

Forretress (King's Rock)
-Bug Bite
-Explosion
-Rapid Spin
-Toxic Spikes

Electrode (Focus Sash)
-Explosion
-Substitute
-Double Team
-Thunderbolt

Ninetails (Choice Specs)
-Dark Pulse
-Energy Ball
-Extrasensory
-Flamethrower

Quagsire (Soft Sand)
-Blizzard
-Aquatail
-Earthquake
-Focus Blast

Tangrowth (Big Root)
-Power Whip
-Giga Drain
-Rock Slide
-Leech Seed

Snorlax (Leftovers)
-Rest
-Snore
-Body Slam
-Belly Drum

Awesome. Do you happen to be on Serebii by chance?

Jan 1, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #21 of 47

Quote:
No, I can't say that I am.

Ah, you should join. Great forum, and have learned a lot there. So, what's your favorite game (from any Generation)?

Jan 1, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #22 of 47
I was a serious competitive player in Gen IV, placed pretty high in several tournaments over those years (and won 2, IIRC). After HG/SS I got lazy. Got Black version but yeah, lazy, lol. It's just such a huge time investment and while playing Shoddy Battle or whatever is popular now is cool, it won't help me much for tournaments because you need a real cartridge. 

Jan 1, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #23 of 47

Ah, you should join. Great forum, and have learned a lot there.

Cool, I'll check it out.

So, what's your favorite game (from any Generation)?

To this day my favorite is still the original Silver Version. It's the most nostalgic for me because it was the one I had in the golden days when Pokemon was at its peak of popularity at school and whatnot. I used to play Red and Yellow too. I kind of fell out of the habit of gaming during high school, and never actually owned a GBA or DS, so didn't really participate in the Gen III/IV games consequently. A while back I did get a chance to borrow a GBA and Emerald from my cousin, however. I only started getting back into gaming a little over a year ago, bought a 3DS when it came out along with SoulSilver. Maybe I'll get around to trying one of the main Gen IV games, or FireRed might also be fun for me.

How about you?
Or anyone else?

Jan 2, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #24 of 47

Quote:
I was a serious competitive player in Gen IV, placed pretty high in several tournaments over those years (and won 2, IIRC). After HG/SS I got lazy. Got Black version but yeah, lazy, lol. It's just such a huge time investment and while playing Shoddy Battle or whatever is popular now is cool, it won't help me much for tournaments because you need a real cartridge. 

Question for you: have you played the original games? If so, how much more (or less) do you find them to be enjoyable than the newer generations?

Jan 2, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #25 of 47

Quote:
Question for you: have you played the original games? If so, how much more (or less) do you find them to be enjoyable than the newer generations?

Yep, I've played every generation. The early games will always have a dear place in my memories because they started it all. However, I much prefer the later games because they are a lot better from a competition standpoint. Can't say much about Gen V since I haven't put much time in, but it seems to follow the trend.

Jan 2, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #26 of 47
Quote:

I am the bone of my cans.
Silver is my cable, and gold my jack.
I have auditioned over a thousand cans.
Unknown to Beats.
Nor known to Bose.
I have withstood much pain to my wallet.
Yet, will never hold Stax.
So, as I pray, Unlimited Cans Work.  

Best Head-Fi sig ever....

Jan 3, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #28 of 47
I still love to play at 20! I wish I could get into Gen 3 though.. Too many sea routes, but to be fair I never really gave it a try due to not having a physical cart.

On the note of emulators, I use this:

Jan 4, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #29 of 47
Mhaha, last year (was 21), I jumped on my bike to go and get the newest Pokemon game. Used to lóve them, and they're still so friggin' awesome. Stopped somewhere halfway through though, but that's mainly due to my general interest in games lacking lately than because of the game. I mean, I, an avid BF2 player, even stopped playing BF3 after like 5 days :frowning2:

Jul 9, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #30 of 47
No one told me this was possible! It's a lot better (IMHO) than playing it on my DS, that's one thing for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back