UnOfficial Head Fi SC Meet [Loris SC] [March 2013]
Jan 17, 2014 at 2:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Makiah S

Sponsor: EarMen | HeadAmp
Member of the Trade: Bricasti Design
Formerly known as Mshenay
So I have a small PC shop and we have a rather large back room that we... do not use and it dawned on me today... We could totally host a head fi meet back there!

Non the less I know there is a meet coming up in April in Charollette, we could certianly have a meet here around the Beginning of March I think :3

I'll be happy to provide the food as well. My city offers... Pizza and Subs. If we keep this under 10 people I'd be happy to get a little bit of food for every one! 

The same goes for Drinks, I can Pick up a few as well. 

Also if you guys are interested, I can get Shirts made for about $6 a piece, I would be happy to do that as well. How ever I'd need PayPal Donations Prior to that to pay for the Shirts. Shirt Order would most likely need to be palced by the Second Week of Febuary, I've already made some inquires about it my self so if you want one let me know! We can decide on a Logo as well and some fancy writing.

Thus Far we Have 

Cjs06

To bring:
Surface Pro/ Foobar2K
Schiit Modi
Schiit Vali
Schiit Lyr
Grado SR-60s
Philips Fidelio X1s
Ultrasone DJ1-Pros

some scotch or wiskey [maybe]  
Mshenay
Asus LapTop Source
Audio GD 10ES2
Beringher UAC202 [Piggy Back Optical Out]
Beyer DT 880 600 Ohm Balanced
Denon MD2k Recable +Lawton Driver Mods and Pads+ Cocobolo Wood Cups Balanced
Audio Technica W1000x [Purrin Mods L3000 Pads] SE

iBasso Pb1 Stock
iBasso Pb2 with Lme 49990 OP Amps
Hifiman HM801   
Trae
AD2000MKIV (AD900 chassis, AD2000 Driver, Beyerdynamic gel earpads, custom driver modification for higher membrane excursion, bent headband, and some other things), Onkyo Reciever with the speaker amp section powering the headphones, and a laptop with some music. I'll bring my E17 too.

Hazard28
HE 500

I will be happy to provide the Room as well as some Food, I'll inject a Poll with what you guys want as far as food goes.  
Also We have a maxium of 7 Four Foot Slots open,

With 4 members we have 3 slots left. If we get 3 more people, and 3 spots more will be made

I ask that each member bring their own Power Strips 

I have 7 Small chairs and 2 stools ! So when teh 7 Slots are filled in the small room, I'll make 2 more right outside the small room [I'll have pics up Friday] with the stools.

Lastly when we have 5 people in attendance I will set a HARD date for the First week of March. Additionally If we have more people join by then More space and slots can be made!

We have a Max capacity of about 20 people, let's cross our fingers guys! Pics of the space tommorow. 

Jan 17, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #2 of 12
Count me in, I'm right outside Columbia. I'll bring all my Schiit. Just ordered a Lyr :wink: I'll be sure to bring a wealth of power cords and extensions lol.

To bring:
Surface Pro/ Foobar2K
Schiit Modi
Schiit Vali
Schiit Lyr
Grado SR-60s
Philips Fidelio X1s
Ultrasone DJ1-Pros

Wewt! Looking forward to it. Let me know if there is anything else I should bring. Like some scotch or wiskey or something hahaha :p

Jan 17, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #3 of 12
Count me in, I'm right outside Columbia. I'll bring all my Schiit. Just ordered a Lyr
wink.gif
I'll be sure to bring a wealth of power cords and extensions lol.

To bring:
Surface Pro/ Foobar2K
Schiit Modi
Schiit Vali
Schiit Lyr
Grado SR-60s
Philips Fidelio X1s
Ultrasone DJ1-Pros

Wewt! Looking forward to it. Let me know if there is anything else I should bring. Like some scotch or wiskey or something hahaha :p

sweet ness. heck if we get 3-4 more guys we can do it sooner! 

at least 5 ppl and I'd set a date asap xD I'm egar to meet me fellow head fi ians! 

I have good news as well! I'm not big into taking my PC with my as a source, because it's the only device with my Audio GD drivers, how ever, I have a small USB dac that has Optical Output! Which means I can use the Dac then output from it [Digital to Digital Out] into my NFB10es2 Optical in :D meaning, I can piggy back my Beringher into my nfb 10ES2 and use it with any device! Granted I'm not going to be able to us ASIO Streaming but... for listening Wasapi is imo more than enough. 

And I have a LapTop, and a 320GB external Drive I can load some Music onto :3 . Which is awesome because I can use my lil Lap Top as a source! 

I also have  a Furman Power Conditioner. if we each bring 1 pc and 1 amp I can run 36 devices out of it

Jan 18, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:
  sweet ness. heck if we get 3-4 more guys we can do it sooner! 

at least 5 ppl and I'd set a date asap xD I'm egar to meet me fellow head fi ians! 

I have good news as well! I'm not big into taking my PC with my as a source, because it's the only device with my Audio GD drivers, how ever, I have a small USB dac that has Optical Output! Which means I can use the Dac then output from it [Digital to Digital Out] into my NFB10es2 Optical in :D meaning, I can piggy back my Beringher into my nfb 10ES2 and use it with any device! Granted I'm not going to be able to us ASIO Streaming but... for listening Wasapi is imo more than enough. 

And I have a LapTop, and a 320GB external Drive I can load some Music onto :3 . Which is awesome because I can use my lil Lap Top as a source! 

I also have  a Furman Power Conditioner. if we each bring 1 pc and 1 amp I can run 36 devices out of it

LOL, but seriously, I'm hoping we can get more people to attend. I'm pretty excited about trying out new gear, sharing my own and learning new stuff from fellow Head-Fians. Hopefully by the time this shindig goes down I'll have some more gear to bring, and more Hi-Res music to boot!

Jan 18, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #5 of 12

LOL, but seriously, I'm hoping we can get more people to attend. I'm pretty excited about trying out new gear, sharing my own and learning new stuff from fellow Head-Fians. Hopefully by the time this shindig goes down I'll have some more gear to bring, and more Hi-Res music to boot!

xD I only have the space to run 6 devices out of my Furman... but nice reaction... 

still... I'll give it Till the end of Febuary, on teh First I'll set at least 3-4 weeks out, and prep the room.

Worse comes to worse it'll be us two! 

With 6 headphones and 6 amps and one POrtable Rig... we should have plenty of gear to compare and fiddle with! Heck we might as well do some comparisons while we are there if worse comes to worse xD

Or I can make a GIANT Blog Post, you can bring some Scotch and we'll have a lil listen and share party... I SWEAR IT we shall make this WORK

Jan 20, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #7 of 12
Well, you can count me in. AD2000MKIV (AD900 chassis, AD2000 Driver, Beyerdynamic gel earpads, custom driver modification for higher membrane excursion, bent headband, and some other things), Onkyo Reciever with the speaker amp section powering the headphones, and a laptop with some music. I'll bring my E17 too.

Jan 21, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #8 of 12
  I would be down to meet up as well. I can bring my HE-500 and am in the process of picking and choosing an amp so I could bring that as well =)

Well, you can count me in. AD2000MKIV (AD900 chassis, AD2000 Driver, Beyerdynamic gel earpads, custom driver modification for higher membrane excursion, bent headband, and some other things), Onkyo Reciever with the speaker amp section powering the headphones, and a laptop with some music. I'll bring my E17 too.

WOOT that's 3 guys down! One more and I'll start cleaning out the back room [Going to use the smaller room since there's only going to be maybe 6-7 of us] and posting pics of our listening stations!

If you can Bring a Folding Table that would be most epic, we have 2 of them, I think they are each about 7 or so feet. I'm planning about 4 foot per user, and I've got about 8 4 foot spots the room can handle, with outlets for each one :3

let me update the orignal post! 

Also Hazard if you want, I've got my NFb 10ES2 which should dirve about 3w into your HE 500, bring a balanced hifiman Cable if you want to hear the NFb 10ES2 at it's fullest potential :D, I think you'd be impressed with how it sounds with your HE 500 [I liked it balanced out with my HE 400]

Still excited to finally hear the HE 500

Jan 21, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #10 of 12
Awesome, will definitely do so =) also I DJ a bit on the side so I have a pretty large fold out 6.5 ft. table if needed =)

OH WHOA ur a new member! Well welcome to Head fi!

And I'll update the main thread with this again, but I've got 7-8 small chairs and 3 6 foot tables. The room I'm looking at using has 4 outlets placed rather close to one another, but spaced far enough to spawn over 3 walls. If this stays around 6-7 people we should be fine! I've got a buddy of mine coming in Friday and were going to Clear out the room and spurce things up a bit!

And I found the light switch for it.

We have some Local Sub and Pizza shops as well, I may see if any of them are willing to provide the food at cost for us. Granted there may be 10 of us, but our thread will generate at least 100's of views in at least a month. So at the begining of our meet, I may have to give a shout out to whom ever  sponsurs us. Loris is  small town so we prefer help each other, but of course. IF we get ANY one to provide anything I'd like to pay em some respects!

That said, I'm going out to stop by the Local Pizza and Sub Shops today, Pizza is the current winner at the moment so I'll see what I can do for you guys! 

Feb 9, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #11 of 12
UPDATE

Good news and bad news,

Good new is I'm setting a hard Date today

Bad news is the location might Change, the buieness I wanted to do this at... has meet some finicial troubles. I'll keep every one posted, I may also look into getting a room at my College Library. They offer those services to us, if I go with a location at the School, we can't bring food in, but I can certianly smuggle in some Drinks n light snacks, then we can all go out for lunch. 

Feb 23, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #12 of 12
GOOD news and BAD news,

bad news the buisness that was going to hold this is... going down the toilet so to speak? MORE bad news... I got a new Position at work so chances are my weekends are going to be busy...

GOOD NEWS I'll see you guys in Charlette! If any of you are still very interested in doing a meet, the College is ok with us Invading their library! Shoot me a Pm or message and I'll let you guys know the Location,  Saturday the 1'st is open for me

If you guys are able to come on the 1st hit me up! Sorry for the delays and sort of crash of this meet :/ 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back