Unltrasone HFI-2000?
Oct 21, 2002 at 4:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

DarkWolf

500+ Head-Fier
*sniff* there are are so many choices, this poor noob can hardly deal...

Ok, so in my quest for a reasonably priced, good sounding, preferably open headphone that doesn't need an amp too badly, the HFI-2000. has stepped forward and asked to be asked about. I've heard good things about the HFI-650 as a very high price/performance ratio closed phone, so how about the 2000 as an open phone? Is it any good? I know I need to find a place to try stuff, so far I've only managed to get my mitts on the 7506, which were sonicly pleasing, yet too clostriphobic for my taste. I think I'm also going to have to go to the tweeter in Holyoke and try some HD-590s. People aren't sure they're right for me, but every time I look at them I want to try them.

Once again, I want to thank everyone for helping me and I apologize for the on going saga of noobness, that's just how I do. I make sure and learn as much as I can before I buy stuff. To my credit, I'm usualy pretty happy once I make a choice though.

Oct 21, 2002 at 5:07 PM Post #2 of 7
I'm really interested in some of the Ultrasone headphones myself, moreso the 650's because I'm after a closed headphone. If you ever get the chance to try them lemme know what they're like
smily_headphones1.gif
. I currently own Sennheiser HD 25-1's.

Oct 21, 2002 at 9:12 PM Post #3 of 7
Well that's why I'm asking here. I can't find much of anything near by where I can try stuff. How are te HD 25-1's? Are those closed or open?

Oct 21, 2002 at 11:13 PM Post #4 of 7
Sennheiser HD 25-1's are a closed headphone with ALOT of isolation (I wouldn't know if armageddon was happening).

I personally love them to bits, think they have excellent base responce, provide accurate repoduction (they have to they're monitoring & DJ headphones) & I don't even have an amp.

They're commonly rated as the #1 DJ headphone around & I think, the best sennheiser have to offer in their professional range of headphones (it's the most expensive they do :p).

I myself am not a DJ, but they make a living from music so I figure they must know what they're on about
smily_headphones1.gif
. Personally I use these plugged into my Soundblaster Audigy soundcard in my computer when I listen to music (anything excluding, rap, hip hop, r&b & pop), play games & the like.

Oct 21, 2002 at 11:34 PM Post #5 of 7
Oct 22, 2002 at 1:26 AM Post #6 of 7
Well, no, those need an amp and I can't afford both. And for that kind of money I think i could do better anyway. People say Sennheiser is layed back and I don't think that will be the best for me. Though, I still want to try the 590s, since those don't need an amp so bad. But thanks anyway.

Oct 22, 2002 at 1:38 AM Post #7 of 7
HFI-2000... <sigh> Tried it and didn't like it very much. The only good thing seemed to be the clear presentation of voices at lower volumes to me, but apart from that I found it somewhat thin and lifeless. The looks an build quality didn't impress me, either - especially considering the price. Comfort could have been quite alright, if the headphone had a better fit on my head...

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back