unleashing the DT770/80...
Aug 28, 2007 at 6:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ziplock

100+ Head-Fier
I swear I think I just heard my DT770s the way they were intended over the weekend (and tonight for that matter). I posted my find of the Yamaha C-80 Preamp on Saturday and spent that evening restoring it. It is mind boggling at how low these cans can go! I am spoiled rotten. This is audio ecstasy! At this point I do not want to use any other amp/cans in the house.

One thing is for sure, this confirms my suspicion of being a basshead!
basshead.gif

For those curious, my rig is as follows: ASIO4ALL->foobar2000->FubarII DAC w/OPA627s->Yamaha C-80 HP Out->DT770/80. Listening to lossless Trance or Psy Goa. Also checked out some of those woofer tests on Youtube (be careful!).

Man, now I am having thoughts of getting the Darth upgrade...
tongue.gif

Is it really worth it?

~Zip

Edit: The bass is so low that it is actually making me partially nauseous...

Aug 28, 2007 at 7:39 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by ziplock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Edit: The bass is so low that it is actually making me partially nauseous...

I envy your basshead ecstasy / partial nausea with the DT770/80.

The two cans I've had with really low bass were the Ultrasone Proline 650 and Sennheiser HD595. I found the really low bass of the PL650 readily apparent and really special with bassy electronica. But I won't soon forget my near death experience with my HD595. While listening to the movie "The Matrix", I was taken completely by surprise by a very low rumbling that increased in volume. A primal fear quickly came over me as I believed I was experiencing an earthquake. Confused by not seeing things around me moving, I removed my HD595 and was quite relieved to find it was just part of the movie.

Aug 28, 2007 at 8:36 AM Post #3 of 6
I've seen the question "is it worth it" a few times on old threads, and the answer always seems to be yes. As a new owner of DT770/80's (which I absolutely adore), I can only imagine the wonder that is the Darth Beyer.

Aug 28, 2007 at 10:44 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by ziplock /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Man, now I am having thoughts of getting the Darth upgrade...
tongue.gif

Is it really worth it?

~Zip

One vote for YES
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back