universal to custom conversions
Aug 8, 2013 at 1:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

crammit442

New Head-Fier
I've been busy and haven't been keeping up with things lately so maybe someone who has can steer me in the right direction.  A while back I had a set of UE-5's converted to custom shells.  I don't even remember who did them, but it seems like they were in Florida. The first go round didn't fit at all so I (reluctantly) sent them my ES-5's to copy.  These were better, but still not great and they actually sounded better in the original UE universal shells.  I've got a spare set of UM3X and would LOVE to get the isolation and fit that I get with my ES-5's, but after my first experience I'm hesitant to "waste" a set of UM3X.  Has anyone had particularly good luck with any company that does conversions? I realize the filter choice, driver placement, port size, etc is a big part of the overall sound sound signature so I'm looking for somewhere that can get them right the first try with good sound and a good fit(assuming good impressions).  I know when I send an impression to Westone, what I get back fits dead on every time.  Any ideas?  Any help would be appreciated.  Also, any info on pricing would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back