Universal IEMs better than Fitear ToGo! 334 sub-1k
Apr 11, 2016 at 7:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Sonic Ecstasy

100+ Head-Fier
I'd appreciate some recommendations of IEMs which are more resolving, clearer and extended in comparison to Fitear tg! 334 but costs less than $1,000.

Fitear tg! 334 pretty much seems to be the gold standard across almost every review of it that I have seen. I'm simply trying to find IEMs on par or better than it, but won't break my bank (sub-1k budget).

Apr 11, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #2 of 11

I went through many IEMs trying to answer that question.  I sold the TG334 as it would not stay in my ears.  The short answer is nothing.  The TG334 has magical mids and no IEM sounds like it.  The closest is the Shure 846 with the bass filter. 

If you are willing to go custom, there are lots of options.  I have the JH 13fp which are as resolving but with a more neutral response.  

Good luck.

Apr 12, 2016 at 6:22 AM Post #3 of 11
I went through many IEMs trying to answer that question.  I sold the TG334 as it would not stay in my ears.  The short answer is nothing.  The TG334 has magical mids and no IEM sounds like it.  The closest is the Shure 846 with the bass filter. 

If you are willing to go custom, there are lots of options.  I have the JH 13fp which are as resolving but with a more neutral response.  

Good luck.

I don't think that customs will ever be an option for me. If i get bored of them, they become very difficult to resell and i also cannot justify the sound quality with friends who question such a big investment in iems by letting them have a listen.

I'm aware that tg 334 has some of the best mids available in any universal to date. But i'm more interested in detailed mids, smooth and extended treble, clarity and the sheer ability to resolve microdetails.

I'm not a basshead and really prefer a neutral quantity, but the aforementioned qualities take precedence for me. I've owned shure se535 and honestly wouldn't go back to a shure iem, the treble was lacking for me in many ways with the se535 and i've read a lot about se846 lacking treble extension too.

Apr 12, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #4 of 11
Sounds like campfire audio Jupiter

Apr 12, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #6 of 11
I've been reading about the iBasso or Cyras (?) Oriolus and it seems to have similar sonic characteristics in comparison to the tg! 334 and someone who owned the tg! 334 and noble k10u even preferred the Oriolus to both (unfortunately didn't review them).

Would also who has heard both the Oriolus and tg! 334 care to compare both and pick a winner/favourite.

Apr 13, 2016 at 3:54 AM Post #8 of 11
Have you heard both or is that a recommendation based on what i prefer?

Thanks.
It is a recommendation based on what u prefer in the post I quoted prior. I've heard the 334, and am considering another alternative, but Since it's a ciem it might not be as relevant to u. But it's the visionears 5, for what it's worth.

Apr 13, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #9 of 11
I've been reading about the iBasso or Cyras (?) Oriolus and it seems to have similar sonic characteristics in comparison to the tg! 334 and someone who owned the tg! 334 and noble k10u even preferred the Oriolus to both (unfortunately didn't review them).

Would also who has heard both the Oriolus and tg! 334 care to compare both and pick a winner/favourite.

i'm also curious for this Oriolus, someone i know said this on par with TG 334.

Mar 30, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #11 of 11
I had a pair of Fitear Togo 334 and found no discernable difference other than poor fit due to large size than my Shure 846. Sold the Fitear and kept the Shure...they are also made much sturdier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back