Universal Adapter and old TA
Apr 30, 2002 at 1:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

johnmark

New Head-Fier
I just stopped by Radio Shack and picked up a 300mA Universal power adapter to use with my older model Total Airhead. After doing a search I fear that I did not get enough...ampage...for the TA. It works just fine and dandy running at 4.5 volts for the few minutes its been on.

Also I was wondering if it would hurt the TA to run it at 6 volts, since thats the next step up on the unit.

Apr 30, 2002 at 1:22 AM Post #2 of 5
johnmark,

I'm not sure of the answer, but turn that thing off until you hear from someone that knows what they're talking about. It's not worth risking damaging it. Use the batteries for now.

BTW, hope you're enjoying the TA.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 30, 2002 at 1:29 AM Post #3 of 5
Oh, you bet I am! I tried to go back to my old headphones to save the batteries, but I just couldn't stomach the constant mammer(if thats a word) in my ears.

I've already thought to myself, "If this is entry-level, I must be missing out on true high fidelity sound". So my next purchase I've decided will be a Corda with HD580s. Cheers to the addiction!!
biggrin.gif

Apr 30, 2002 at 9:42 PM Post #4 of 5
You will not hurt the Airhead with either setting.

(hopefully I am in the 'someone that knows what they're talking about' category...)

Apr 30, 2002 at 9:50 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by danny

(hopefully I am in the 'someone that knows what they're talking about' category...)

Well, I guess...........
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back