Unity gain buffer?
Feb 27, 2003 at 12:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

zoboomofo

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi. I've got these EL2044s and on first glance, the app sheets and other web pages don't make a lot of sense to me. Here's what I'd like to know. How do you use these opamps as buffers?

I was thinking of wiring them up as a '47 amp' style output stage, but the simplicity of the hookup of EL2001s and buf634s makes me wonder how to best use the EL2044.

Question 2: if I were to use these opamps in parallel (47 style), then would it benefit me to stack them?

Thanks.

Al.

Feb 27, 2003 at 12:42 AM Post #2 of 3
The simple buffer design is to take the output and short it with the negative input of the opamp. In other words, you don't place any resistors or anything in the negative feedback loop. I would suggest using the CHA47 circuit designs to go off of, those are suppose to help with current levels. On my CMOY, I just placed a OPA2134 in series with the output of the amplifying opamp. I then moved the feedback loop for the amplifying opamp from the amplifying opamp's output to the output of the buffer opamp. So I didn't use the CHA47 design and I don't know if my design will help with current levels. I believe the configuration that I used only really helps when the load on the circuit is lower than the Thevenin equivalent resistance of the amplifying circuit. The configuration I used is shown on the OP634 data sheet. The actual differences between the two configurations probably could be explained by some of the more knowledgeable DIY gods like Tangent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back