Unique Melody Shure E5c remolds - wiring come unsoldered in left earphone after only 3 months!
Nov 23, 2011 at 12:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

tomhirvin

New Head-Fier

I've had my UM remolds for three months and they have not been used very much. Last week I noticed that the bass response in the left channel had gone. I checked for wax or dirt, nothing. Replaced the cable. Nothing.

Fortunately I got clear shells so I can see all the wiring inside. Using a loupe I noticed that the wiring has come away from the bass driver inside the mold (see red circle for the break). I think that this is pretty shoddy workmanship.

My question is - these were made in China and posted back to me. I emailed the contact I originally had but have heard nothing back. I have also tried to find the website but am now forwarded to a new one which has a contact us on it. I tried that. Nothing.

I am really worried that I now won't be able to contact them and I have wasted my money.

Do you think they should repair it for free? After all I have only had them for 3 months. It doesn't seem right if they won't.

I would be grateful for a reply from anyone with experience of UM customer services.

Thanks, Tom

Nov 23, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #2 of 3
What agent did you get your remolds done through?

AmpCity is the UK distributor and I've found them to be fairly responsive to email.

Have you tried to contact them?

Nov 23, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #3 of 3
The agent was an email address on their original website. Everything was done efficiently and quickly but that site now seems to lead you to either a US/UK one. I will go through the UK one which must be Amp City and see if they can give me a contact. Thanks for the tip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back