Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Nov 4, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #1,051 of 7,310
Man I swear I can feel the bone conduction working (like my ears are buzzing) sometimes when I play mest loud enough, especially with rock music. Anyone else noticed this? Does the custom do this even more?

ok

do you know a link for Sony s? is it these? https://www.amazon.com/ALXCD-Headph...sony+earbud+replacement&qid=1604520411&sr=8-3

my friend is getting a custom and he will let me try or even keep his universal. but he has big ears lol. i need tips to try the MEST. very excited.

I would recommend azlas tips in small and medium small especially the soft kinds, also try spinfits, spiral dots, symbio orange (without the foam). I like the symbios and the azlas the most but it will just depend on your ears. I use different sizes in each ear as well. It might take a few days to get used to just try and get them deep, they will have some driver flex

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2020 at 4:50 PM Post #1,053 of 7,310
Man I swear I can feel the bone conduction (like my ears are buzzing) when I play mest loud enough, especially with rock music. I want a custom really bad, anyone noticed this on the custom more?

I would recommend azlas tips in small and medium small especially the soft kinds, also try spinfits, spiral dots, symbio orange (without the foam). I like the symbios the most but it will just depend on your ears. I use different sizes in each ear as well. It might take a few days to get used to just try and get them deep, they will have some driver flex

by soft kind you mean "light"?

okay i do have small symbios i use currently. will try those with my friend's MEST (maybe one day mine) :)

thanks so much for the answer!

Nov 4, 2020 at 5:48 PM Post #1,054 of 7,310
by soft kind you mean "light"?

okay i do have small symbios i use currently. will try those with my friend's MEST (maybe one day mine) :)

thanks so much for the answer!
Yes I would try the light and light short, medium small is about equivalent to other tips mediums. I really like the symbios so you might be good with just those as well.

Nov 4, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #1,055 of 7,310
My favorite tips with the MEST are the wider bore Tenmak foam tips, with maybe a 1/3 of it cut off. I can get the deepest insertion, really good isolation, good comfort, and no driver flex (if inserted carefully). I pretty much always get driver flex with any silicone tips.

Nov 4, 2020 at 8:08 PM Post #1,056 of 7,310
I am planning to get the JP ver later this month, as I am living in JP right now.
Can someone recommend me a cable around 500$ for the JP version? As it seem the stock cable in JP version is kinda lacking.

Nov 5, 2020 at 12:45 AM Post #1,057 of 7,310
Both are great iem’s. U12t has a heavy favoring towards technicalities where it absolutely shines. They are great in many areas but lack that engagement factor that i much prefer over tech.

the mest is just as resolving if not more so to my ears. They are so far ahead in the engagement department it’s not even funny. The mest is a clear winner to me. Depends what you prefer tbh.

Thanks, I have the MEST and interested how it compares. MEST is great but unfortunately too big for my small ears, so will be selling to hopefully get a custom MEST if my impressions are accepted

Nov 5, 2020 at 8:05 AM Post #1,058 of 7,310
Thanks, I have the MEST and interested how it compares. MEST is great but unfortunately too big for my small ears, so will be selling to hopefully get a custom MEST if my impressions are accepted
No problem! Hope your impressions work homie.

Nov 6, 2020 at 12:16 AM Post #1,059 of 7,310
I am planning to get the JP ver later this month, as I am living in JP right now.
Can someone recommend me a cable around 500$ for the JP version? As it seem the stock cable in JP version is kinda lacking.
If you’re looking to spend another 500$, at that point I’d recommend exploring different iem’s that are superior to MEST.

Currently have VE Elysium and MEST in hand, and it seems like a natural progression in all departments over MEST (besides raw bass impact being more modest)

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Nov 6, 2020 at 12:40 AM Post #1,060 of 7,310
If you’re looking to spend another 500$, at that point I’d recommend exploring different iem’s that are superior to MEST.

Currently have VE Elysium and MEST in hand, and it seems like a natural progression in all departments over MEST (besides raw bass impact being more modest)

VE Elysium is way more than MEST + 500 USD.
So it is too much out of my budget sadly.

Nov 6, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #1,061 of 7,310
I'd suggest you have a listen first before shelling out a lot on a cable. I don't have the JP version but had also read lots of people complaining about the included cable with the version I have. I have tried listening to the MEST with a number of different cables I have and to be honest, I prefer the stock cable if anything. In most cases, I can't notice any difference. Cables are very subjective so see how you get on with the included one first.

Nov 6, 2020 at 4:08 PM Post #1,062 of 7,310
I'd suggest you have a listen first before shelling out a lot on a cable. I don't have the JP version but had also read lots of people complaining about the included cable with the version I have. I have tried listening to the MEST with a number of different cables I have and to be honest, I prefer the stock cable if anything. In most cases, I can't notice any difference. Cables are very subjective so see how you get on with the included one first.
IMO, the stock cable is well made, and sounds great. The problem is it is thick, stiff, and a bit unwieldy.

Nov 7, 2020 at 12:36 AM Post #1,064 of 7,310

I am looking for a compatible and recommended cable because the included cable in JP version is not good for me, I had already tried MEST with the included cable before decide to buy it next month/later this month.
I am not looking for the cable for the sound quality improvement or anything like that. Just for comfort and durability.

Nov 7, 2020 at 9:52 AM Post #1,065 of 7,310
I am looking for a compatible and recommended cable because the included cable in JP version is not good for me, I had already tried MEST with the included cable before decide to buy it next month/later this month.
I am not looking for the cable for the sound quality improvement or anything like that. Just for comfort and durability.
This is the one I’m using. It‘s inexpensive (only buy if on sale for around $40), looks really good, is well built, sounds good, is comfortable, and drapes much better than the stock cable does.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000348454062.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back