Unique Melody Martian: UM's New 2DD + 2BA Universal-only IEM
Sep 8, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #212 of 338
Besides the number and different types of drivers, isn't the only difference between the Merlin and Martian the bass? I've heard the Merlin is more for bassheads compared to the Martian. I just bought the Maestro v2, but I'm still considering the Martian cause of the 2DD and 2BA. From reviews, it sounds like it has a very different sound that the Maestro. 

Sep 9, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #214 of 338
tested both the Martian and the Merlin v2 and preferred the former.

the Martian has a better 3D imaging and nth to complain abt the bass; has both quality and quantity.

Sep 9, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #218 of 338
Absolutely agree. I'm gonna mention those facts in my review. Only complaint I have is the soundstage. It's not very wide. But I'm kind of a stage addict since I purchased the Angie's :)

Agreed, Martian is not the widest sounding but I do find the imaging and presentation quite well layered and 3D regardless of the soundstage size.

Sep 11, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #219 of 338
Here's a potentially stupid question... Where the heck can one buy UM universals? I tried ordering directly from UM. They cancelled my order and issued me a refund saying they "Can't take my order". No further explanation.
I tried Musicteck, but they don't ship to Canada.
Any other legit distributors? Maybe I'm stupid or visually impaired, but I couldn't find a list of retailers on the various UM websites.

Sep 11, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #220 of 338
Here's a potentially stupid question... Where the heck can one buy UM universals? I tried ordering directly from UM. They cancelled my order and issued me a refund saying they "Can't take my order". No further explanation.
I tried Musicteck, but they don't ship to Canada.
Any other legit distributors? Maybe I'm stupid or visually impaired, but I couldn't find a list of retailers on the various UM websites.

I would contact MusicTeck directly. I don't think there's an official dealer in Canada so they generally cover that base.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back