Unique Melody Martian: UM's New 2DD + 2BA Universal-only IEM
Aug 16, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #121 of 338
Both cable is bought from SG here.
Just one thing the whole S'pore stil don't have that original same connectors socket for latest UMs.& UE 18Pro or QDC IEMs as well, have to mod by owned.

http://store.treoo.com/nocturnal-audio-calyx-8-conductor-copper-custom-cable.html

http://www.connect-it.com.sg/brands/alo-audio/sxc24-mmcx-3-5.html

Thats a mod ya . Ummm I guess it's going to be too much of a hassle for someone which got zero experience in handling a soldering pistol :xf_eek:

Aug 16, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #122 of 338
Thats a mod ya . Ummm I guess it's going to be too much of a hassle for someone which got zero experience in handling a soldering pistol :xf_eek:

If you can mod, otherwise to look at professional.
But make sure you able to get that sockets as well.

Sample
50793200-A453-43F7-8FC9-4ED23EF3060E_zps8fz6eyye.jpg

Aug 16, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #123 of 338
Auditioned the UM Martian last night using Cayin i5 as the source. I thought it sounded pretty damn good!

The Martian is mostly linear sounding iem with a very focused, forward and clear sounding mid region. Sub bass is elevated and it can reach into the deepest registers without a hiccup. Mid bass is nicely balanced with the rest of the spectrum but not too boosted. It is just enough for kick drums and beats to shine through. Overall bass is well controlled and shows excellent detail and timbre without overdoing it. 

My favorite part of the Martian was actually the treble. It is nice to finally hear an iem with a healthy dose of upper treble sparkle yet have a nicely controlled lower treble. My sibilance testing tracks were very, very smooth while still retaining a pleasing amount sparkle. It is not a bright iem but I believe the treble is really well done here. Resolution and detail are excellent.

Overall transparency and imaging is impressive and I think UM has done a fantastic job tuning these earphones. 

Aug 16, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #124 of 338
Auditioned the UM Martian last night using Cayin i5 as the source. I thought it sounded pretty damn good!

The Martian is mostly linear sounding iem with a very focused, forward and clear sounding mid region. Sub bass is elevated and it can reach into the deepest registers without a hiccup. Mid bass is nicely balanced with the rest of the spectrum but not too boosted. It is just enough for kick drums and beats to shine through. Overall bass is well controlled and shows excellent detail and timbre without overdoing it. 

My favorite part of the Martian was actually the treble. It is nice to finally hear an iem with a healthy dose of upper treble sparkle yet have a nicely controlled lower treble. My sibilance testing tracks were very, very smooth while still retaining a pleasing amount sparkle. It is not a bright iem but I believe the treble is really well done here. Resolution and detail are excellent.

Overall transparency and imaging is impressive and I think UM has done a fantastic job tuning these earphones. 

After swap cable, the sound all changed... Much much pretty good and awesome sounds quality.
For me is prefect IEM

Aug 18, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #127 of 338
Auditioned the Martian today at Plaza Singapura's Stereo and I was incredibly impressed.

My impressions are pretty identical with omastic's apart from the mids. I found the mids to be linear and well-centered. IMO the Legacy (Singapore's Maestro) is significantly more mid-forward, though that may be attributed to tip selection, so YMMV.

The bass is unmistakably the work of DD's, with great definition and a perfectly natural amount of punch in the mid-bass, and great rumble in the subs. It isn't the fastest or as vividly clear as my Ocharaku Kaede II's, but it's pretty darn close.

The mids are, as I said, well-centered and incredibly detailed, crisp, and clean, with enough richness to avoid grain.

This crispness and linearity extends all the way to the uppermost treble, which I found beautifully extended, airy, and crisp and clean to the nth degree. I personally didn't find it sibilant or grainy at all with all of my tracks out of the Mojo, but going back to the Kaede's, I am a pretty treble-inclined guy, so, again, YMMV.

In terms of spatiality and detail retrieval, I found it wasn't as technically capable as the Legacy, which has better soundstage, especially in height and width, and the Legacy is slightly more adept in microdetail retrieval. In value though, the Martian's price-to-performance ratio destroys the Legacy's and I'd take the Martian over the Legacy any day.

Interestingly, when I asked Stereo if the Martian is available in custom form, they said "Yes," adding that they "double checked" after I asked for a second time. So, either the giys there are mistaken or the Martian is available in custom form in some regions? Either way, the Martian is an astonishing IEM that fits my preferences beautifully and is a mindblowing value to boot.

Mini-essay over :D

Aug 18, 2016 at 3:18 AM Post #128 of 338
Auditioned the Martian today at Plaza Singapura's Stereo and I was incredibly impressed.

My impressions are pretty identical with omastic's apart from the mids. I found the mids to be linear and well-centered. IMO the Legacy (Singapore's Maestro) is significantly more mid-forward, though that may be attributed to tip selection, so YMMV.

The bass is unmistakably the work of DD's, with great definition and a perfectly natural amount of punch in the mid-bass, and great rumble in the subs. It isn't the fastest or as vividly clear as my Ocharaku Kaede II's, but it's pretty darn close.

The mids are, as I said, well-centered and incredibly detailed, crisp, and clean, with enough richness to avoid grain.

This crispness and linearity extends all the way to the uppermost treble, which I found beautifully extended, airy, and crisp and clean to the nth degree. I personally didn't find it sibilant or grainy at all with all of my tracks out of the Mojo, but going back to the Kaede's, I am a pretty treble-inclined guy, so, again, YMMV.

In terms of spatiality and detail retrieval, I found it wasn't as technically capable as the Legacy, which has better soundstage, especially in height and width, and the Legacy is slightly more adept in microdetail retrieval. In value though, the Martian's price-to-performance ratio destroys the Legacy's and I'd take the Martian over the Legacy any day.

Interestingly, when I asked Stereo if the Martian is available in custom form, they said "Yes," adding that they "double checked" after I asked for a second time. So, either the giys there are mistaken or the Martian is available in custom form in some regions? Either way, the Martian is an astonishing IEM that fits my preferences beautifully and is a mindblowing value to boot.

Mini-essay over :D

Check here, the only one out of UM
They didn't offer for custom at all
http://www.unique-melody.com/products/martian-4-driver-hybrid-universal-iem?taxon_id=19

Aug 18, 2016 at 3:24 AM Post #129 of 338
Check here, the only one out of UM they didn't offer for custom at all
http://www.unique-melody.com/products/martian-4-driver-hybrid-universal-iem?taxon_id=19

Exactly why I asked twice about it. However, considering UM's numerous websites and Facebook pages and region-specific models and their "strange" relationship with dealers (I remember a screenshot of someone messaging UM and UM claiming that they have no dealers in Singapore), it is somewhat reasonable to think maybe the "universal-only" policy applies to certain regions, or UM has not informed this policy to Stereo, or, as I said, the Stereo employees are just mistaken, even if they "double checked".

Aug 22, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #132 of 338
Picked up the Martian the other day. So far enjoying them a lot! Sounds great both out of my smart phone and the i5.

I wish it came with a few more ear tips though, Provided are foam tips and some generic single flange silicon, Not a fan of foam tips in general and the silicon tips aren't that comfortable either. Currently using some dual flange silicon that came with some other cheapo iem I have. 

Sound wise, nothing has changed compared to my initial impressions from the demo set audition. Very clear and coherent sound, near neutral but still highly musical. Awesome stuff!

Aug 23, 2016 at 5:25 AM Post #133 of 338
Picked up the Martian the other day. So far enjoying them a lot! Sounds great both out of my smart phone and the i5.

I wish it came with a few more ear tips though, Provided are foam tips and some generic single flange silicon, Not a fan of foam tips in general and the silicon tips aren't that comfortable either. Currently using some dual flange silicon that came with some other cheapo iem I have. 

Sound wise, nothing has changed compared to my initial impressions from the demo set audition. Very clear and coherent sound, near neutral but still highly musical. Awesome stuff!

Congrats to your new toy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back