Unique headphone request
Jul 5, 2007 at 5:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

creyc

500+ Head-Fier
Hello headfiers, its been a while since I've been on these forums. (my wallet is recovering nicely!) It's time for some more 'cans though, and these are a bit different than my usual.

They will be used by kids in a car DVD player for long road trips. Cause if the kiddies are happy, everyone's happy. The headphones need to be fairly rugged and comfortable. Lightweight is good, and closed is a must. It's also preferable to have an inline volume control (bleh, i know) but this way each listener can have their own level.

I've got to imagine there's a koss headphone out there thats practically built for this. If anyones got a suggestion, I'm all ears.

Thanks!

Jul 5, 2007 at 5:43 AM Post #2 of 9
get each one of them a pair of darth beyers with some sort of amp to control the volume..lol

i think the senn px100 will be ok but theyre abit open with no volume control but maybe a cmoy will do the job?

Jul 5, 2007 at 5:55 AM Post #3 of 9
hehe, i wondered whether that would be the first response or maybe the crazy beyers would pop up somewhere after a few posts
wink.gif

Actually I suppose I should add that sound quality can take a backseat (heh no pun intended) to the rest of the features on my list.

Something like the Koss UR29 actually looks nearly perfect. I don't know if its lightweight or comfortable though, and actually a coiled cord would be even better, if possible.

Jul 5, 2007 at 6:18 AM Post #4 of 9
Probably try something Koss since you get a lifetime warranty. If they break no problem. UR29 would do well.

Aside from Koss, Sennheiser HD201 is rugged, comfy, fairly small, closed, and cheap. Warranty is also a lengthy 2 years. You can also find a eH150 for pretty cheap as well. Neither have a volume control though. I looked up a JVC HAM300V and it has a volume control but I'm not sure about anything else but it doesn't look too bad. Be careful, there are two versions of it (HAM300 and HAM300V). Circuit City sells it w/o.

You could also always buy a seperate volume controller if that's a serious requirement.

Jul 5, 2007 at 6:43 AM Post #6 of 9
qwazwsx and creyc probably hit it on the head of the nail. Probably the two best options for decent movie use and rugged, closed form would be the Koss UR29 and Senn. HD201.

Jul 5, 2007 at 8:44 AM Post #8 of 9
Jul 5, 2007 at 8:46 AM Post #9 of 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back