Unique Canadian headphone situation…difficult of not impossible.
Jun 4, 2013 at 5:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

iPhown

New Head-Fier
I’ve been poking around here a few times in the past few years and I’m not a huge fan of posting since a lot of information has already been discussed.

My issue is a bit annoying since its not just as easy as most request for headset selection. For one I live in Vancouver Canada where head sets like the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 retail for 180$ and second I am limited to bestbuy.ca or futureshop.ca for my selection. Long story short I returned a fax machine for 200$ store credit that must be used as soon as possible since they have allowed me to use it towards futureshop merchandise. I actually punched in all the headsets listed in best buys over and on ear selection in head fi search and found only NTune On-Ear Headphones, KOSS prodj100, and Audio Technica ATH-T400 seem decent but they are on ear (not a fan due to discomfort of long wear) and others are ok for the price less then 100$. What I want is best I can get for 200-220$

Source: PC ipad/iphone (dont need a mic) / ipod
Requirements for Isolation: Not important, as long as i get everything else i want
Preferred Type of headphones : Full-sized over the ear for comfort, open since i hear closed take away from bass?
Preferred Music: Bassy. Hiphop, club stuff, dubstep
Preferred Entertainment: Gaming, movies, music, paperwork (will be using these sometimes up to 4 hours in a sitting?)

I appreciate good sound but at the moment I just need a nice 200$ headset no amps and dacs etc. If someone outside of Canada wants to see the inventory I can chose from I have included links.

BestBuy

[size=12pt]http://www.bestbuy.ca[/size]
[size=12pt]Futureshop[/size]

[size=12pt]http://www.futureshop.ca/[/size]

Thanks a million.

Jun 4, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
For one I live in Vancouver Canada where head sets like the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 retail for 180$ and second I am limited to bestbuy.ca or futureshop.ca for my selection

you mean for the credit right? otherwise I would redirect you to headphonebar plus there is a thread in here somewhere listing most of the canadian retailers for headphones

Quote:

Preferred Type of headphones : Full-sized over the ear for comfort, open since i hear closed take away from bass?

it does not

Jun 4, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #3 of 5
you mean for the credit right? otherwise I would redirect you to headphonebar plus there is a thread in here somewhere listing most of the canadian retailers for headphones

it does not

Yes because of the credit or I would go to soundbar or Tom lee even. Nice place to try stuff unfortunately a lot of nice stuff the have is not avail at bb and fs. It's so frustrating...

Jun 5, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #4 of 5
Open headphone are usually a bit more bass neutral or have the potential to be more neutral than closed headphones. Unfortunately aside from low end Sennheisers you won't find anything open at those stores.

Jun 5, 2013 at 3:52 AM Post #5 of 5
Closed it is then. I'm not gonna be super picky since I can only chose from bb and fs with my credit. Over ear and some good bass. Doesnt have to be mega Bass just enough to kick when I have the sound turned down. That's about where I will keep it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back